Thinnest case ever

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
So I came across a case on eBay that maybe the thinnest case it ever seen. It is only 0.3 millimeters thick. Found it over 2 weeks ago, I just got it in today and took pictures I will post them soon.

Posted via Android Central App

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Looking forward to pictures, though. Curious about built quality of the cut outs and whether it is a durable material or flexible.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

mystiphi

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I found most cases are either too thick or just don't protect anything. I bought a Nillkin flip cover for my Nexus 7 and loved it. Found one for the DNA on eBay and is just as nice. Looks pretty sleek. I've been complimented on it several times already. Highly recommended. Only drawback is the brand is only available from China. So shipping takes a solid week and a half to the east coast.

http://r.ebay.com/PjSweK

Posted from my HTC DNA via Android Central App

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Pics ARE HERE!!! SORRY it took so long.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368142837686.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368142837686.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 70
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368142859622.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368142859622.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 70
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368142876750.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368142876750.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 71
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368142902611.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368142902611.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 70
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368142922511.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368142922511.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 70
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368142961240.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368142961240.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 69
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368142987177.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368142987177.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 70

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
It Mainly is for scratch protection, as you can see in the pics above. The 0.3 smoked black on the right is VERY thin... And it is made out of a hard plastic. The thing I Don't like.... Is it slides right though your hand. That's how smooth the case is.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered one for the heck. I never use cases on my phone but i figured this one is so thin it couldn't hurt. I just hope it fits snug. My gripe with low cost products like this is there is usually a hit or miss with uniformity. You get one that fits excellent or not.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I got one - it took a week and a half to get it. Not bad. It's really really thin. Good; it's not a finger print magnet like the back is. It adds seemingly zero thickness. The material has a stippled finish so while it's not as grippy as the phone material, it's not bad. It seems thermoformed, and the resultant rounded corners make the phone more comfortable to hold. It will prevent scratching or marring the back..

Bad; It does not wrap around the edges to the point that it projects above the screen. If you want a case that will let you set your phone face down on a surface like a tabletop without the glass touching anything, this isn't it. The thermoforming is nicely done and all the edges are clean and smooth. But the lips at the screen side are not even, The side with the volume rocker is trimmed slightly higher and does project a tiny bit above the case side, but not above the screen. The other side is slightly lower. But you do have to look to see it.

I doubt it will protect anything in case of a drop. But that's not why I bought it. It looks good, keeps prints off. makes the phone more comfortable, adds near zero bulk, slips easily into my pocket, and stays on well. Oh yeah,you can inductively charge through it, but that's no big trick. Most skin cases do that. Worth the money.

Ummm - edit. Day 2 - it's broken! It is possibly too thin. Bummer. I really liked it. But I guess I'm not alone, and I guess it's not a huge loss. Just don't buy one.

Last edited:

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
So, literally after three or four hours of use (and by use I mean a couple text. My phone was sitting on a desk) I noticed that the edges had given way and shattered. Idk if it was compromised from shipping or what but basically it seemed that mine was not manufactured properly, that with the stress of the shape and the thinness of the case is probably the cause. I wrote the seller and they are asking for pics and then they will take it from there. Idk if I will even bother as it was so cheap and the case it so thin it's probably gonna keep happening. Anyone else who bought it, did yours split?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
So, literally after three or four hours of use (and by use I mean a couple text. My phone was sitting on a desk) I noticed that the edges had given way and shattered. Idk if it was compromised from shipping or what but basically it seemed that mine was not manufactured properly, that with the stress of the shape and the thinness of the case is probably the cause. I wrote the seller and they are asking for pics and then they will take it from there. Idk if I will even bother as it was so cheap and the case it so thin it's probably gonna keep happening. Anyone else who bought it, did yours split?

Yup. I wrote yesterday I thought it was a decent case. And today it's cracking and the thin piece goes around the screen side of the volume rocker is broken. It's also cracked at two of the corners. Crap. I had hopes for this thing. No big loss, but if you are thinking about buying one, don't. Learn from our mistakes, grasshopper. Back to the slim case from Poetic.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
How is that slim poetic case holding up? Was considering getting one myself.

It's fine so far. I've had it a while - it was the first case and is my favorite at this point. It's not as slim as the eBay case, but it's not broken yet either :)

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
So I came across a case on eBay that maybe the thinnest case it ever seen. It is only 0.3 millimeters thick. Found it over 2 weeks ago, I just got it in today and took pictures I will post them soon.

I now know why the case lasted all but a few hours. It turns out that the American version of the Butterfly aka Droid DNA is slightly larger than all of the other variants sold overseas. I'm sure the company didn't take that into account. The slight difference in size caused the stress on the corners, which in turn cased it to fracture. Oh well! I guess next time I will do better research before buying overseas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GodofFire