this phone lasts 2 days

currentdroiduser

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Can it really for a user who texts a lot has plenty of twitter messages calls watches videos and gaming? Uses apps and surfs. As u can see I'm a mod to heavy user getting 9 to 12hours of battery life on note 4. If turbo is the same I'd stay with note

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Well ...

If you're the kind who drains the battery of the last drop of juice, maybe. But since you'll be paying a repair shop to replace the battery every 6 months or so, it's going to cost a lot more than carrying a spare $25 spare Note 4 battery and replacing 2 batteries every 5 years or so. (Discharging deepr than 40% is not good for lithium batteries, and no phone is going to give you 2 days of heavy use with 60% of the battery.)

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Can it really for a user who texts a lot has plenty of twitter messages calls watches videos and gaming? Uses apps and surfs. As u can see I'm a mod to heavy user getting 9 to 12hours of battery life on note 4. If turbo is the same I'd stay with note

Posted via the Android Central App

Go here and play with the "customize usage" sliders so they will reflect your type of usage.
Battery life tests - GSMArena.com

Go here and click on battery life:
Benchmarks (Phone Arena)

Both the Droid Turbo and the Note 4 have the same display specs. The Note 4 has a 3220 mAh battery; the Droid Turbo a 3900 mAh battery. If both are set to the same screen brightness there is no way a Note 4 is going to outperform the Turbo in battery life. Then throw TouchWiz into the mix and you have more battery drain.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Well ...

If you're the kind who drains the battery of the last drop of juice, maybe. But since you'll be paying a repair shop to replace the battery every 6 months or so, it's going to cost a lot more than carrying a spare $25 spare Note 4 battery and replacing 2 batteries every 5 years or so. (Discharging deepr than 40% is not good for lithium batteries, and no phone is going to give you 2 days of heavy use with 60% of the battery.)
Why do you say replacing the battery every 6 months. I came over from the RMHD after just over two years and still didnt see any battery issues with that. I also dont use the turbo charger unless necessary. I would say I am a light to moderate user and I get 2 days out of the Turbo. Im just curious why you would say the battery would need replaced every 6 months?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Why do you say replacing the battery every 6 months. I came over from the RMHD after just over two years and still didnt see any battery issues with that. I also dont use the turbo charger unless necessary. I would say I am a light to moderate user and I get 2 days out of the Turbo. Im just curious why you would say the battery would need replaced every 6 months?

I think he means if someone runs their battery down to almost nothing every day, they might be due for a replacement in six months. I'm in the same boat as you--RMHD for 2 years and no battery issues.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
As seen by this, just snapped 2 minutes ago, sure it *can*. But just like my WRX, the way I drive there's no way I'm going to ever get the stated mileage estimate. I have to guess that any member of AC is not your average phone user.