This will fix phone Samsung S8 reception without turning off any phone features...

A

AC Question

I found this forum when I Googled "Samsung S8 bad phone reception" and saw so many different suggestions but none of them worked for me.

I just got my Samsung S8 this week and for the first 5 days, I had such bad reception and so many dropped calls I was convinced I got a defective phone.

The GOOD NEWS is I found the true fix at a local Verizon wireless store yesterday and my phone is working perfectly now. So I wanted to pass it on to those of you still having trouble.

THE FIX: (this is what they did in the Verizon store that fixed mine)
Go to Settings-Mobile Networks-Network Mode and select "LTE/CDMA" as your preferred network (do not select "Global" which is the factory setting that appears to be causing all the problems). There is a 3rd option but the Verizon associate told me that LTE/CDMA is the best one to choose.

As soon as he switched mine to that LTE/CDMA network the phone works great and I can still use Advance Calling HD modes which allow you to access email and view SMS texts etc. Turning off Advance Calling options eliminates the ability to do this and doesn't really effect the quality of phone reception...

FYI (according to the Verizon guy) if you buy your phone in a store, they usually switch it to this network while you are in the store with them before they give you the phone to take home. I received mine in the mail from my company so I had no idea this needed to be done.

I hope this is helpful to all of you still having reception issues!

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for posting the detailed information about that fix. Please consider joining the forum and helping others :)

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Is this a verizon only issue? I have an unlocked s8+ on AT&T with no issues after plugging in APN info.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
The 3rd setting (GSM/LTE/UMTS) will work too, but only if you are within Verizon's LTE coverage. As a side note, Verizon is steadily dismantling its 2G and 3G CDMA networks. The 2G will be gone by 2020; 3G gone by 2021.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't believe so as the choice is general to the phone.
I don't see any of those settings on my unlocked s8+. Most of those choices are simple on off toggles except for apn and network operator.
710deb6e0faccb91902af098da98f6a1.jpg

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
The options are based on the carrier. I'm on t-mobile and my choices are "LTE/4G/3G/2G", "4G/3G/2G" and then something else that looked worse. The LTE option is selected and I can't imagine choosing something else would give me a better signal.

njdan30

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The gsm network on Verizon and sprint is for roaming in remote areas such as where I live I'm roaming on att and T-Mobile

Soylent_Green

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Sprint is the same setup as Verizon mostly, I have it on LTE/CDMA mode as well I've found it works better the the default Automatic setting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23