those that have the S8, anyone seeing Red?

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Me I can't. It was a free phone from samsung. No swapping it for a red issue.
You have the first 30 days free for samsung plus care or whatever they call it. I am sure they would do something about that. It is free doesn't mean you should be stuck with a piece of trash. Plus the 1 year warranty.

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's actually just a software calibration issue. Nothing to do with amoled...I mean it is but it's not a hardware issue.
Oh it's a hardware issue. When parts of my s8+ has it but my s8 doesn't, I don't believe that at all. And this software patch dis nothing to fix my s8+

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You have the first 30 days free for samsung plus care or whatever they call it. I am sure they would do something about that. It is free doesn't mean you should be stuck with a piece of trash. Plus the 1 year warranty.
I have already contacted them. Because samsung themselves gave me the phone for testing and feedback, they won't replace it for a red tint issue. It's not that bad. But noticeable on white screens. Because it was a free test phone and I have to go through the insight program for any issues, they treat this differently from regular purchase.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I had a very slight red tint to mine and i fixed it with the provided options (ie lower the red in the display options) now if it's there i can't notice it lol

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have already contacted them. Because samsung themselves gave me the phone for testing and feedback, they won't replace it for a red tint issue. It's not that bad. But noticeable on white screens. Because it was a free test phone and I have to go through the insight program for any issues, they treat this differently from regular purchase.
I wonder if my Verizon insurance works with this insight program. Guess I better check it out.

I have not noticed any red tint on my s8.

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if my Verizon insurance works with this insight program. Guess I better check it out.

I have not noticed any red tint on my s8.
Well if a phone is on the insight program, you can't wipe it until you fulfill the 12 month program. So you would have to send back a phone with all of your stuff. And I dont thing samsung would be happy about that because you can't fulfill the surveys because the of the Insight app that you are required to install and can only be activated 1 time with the code they give you. So samsung would likely charge the card for retail that you have to provide. Also, you likely would not be invited back again.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You are right about the one time access code. I was also wondering about that because I never gave a card. So i guess they would just bill me and hope i paid in that scenario. Either way I have the insurance for piece of mind if anything.

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You are right about the one time access code. I was also wondering about that because I never gave a card. So i guess they would just bill me and hope i paid in that scenario. Either way I have the insurance for piece of mind if anything.
I did 3 years ago. First year I was in program. But that year I had to send phone back. Was phone for 30 days. Now that I think about it I didn't this year either. Your right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201