Thoughts about a fix for headphone HISS

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you think this is a software fix or is it a hardware fix. I am leaning toward a hardware fix but wondering if an updated software fix could cure the problem. Not a deal breaker for me as I rarely use headphones but it would be nice if it didn't HISS during music play.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Do you think this is a software fix or is it a hardware fix. I am leaning toward a hardware fix but wondering if an updated software fix could cure the problem. Not a deal breaker for me as I rarely use headphones but it would be nice if it didn't HISS during music play.

Is your phone plugged in and charging when you get the hiss?

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I get the hiss when not plugged in, I can only hear it when no music is playing. I use my headphones a lot but I don't think it's a deal breaker for me.

pushdrops

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It's not easy to notice it, at 1st I thought mine was OK - but play any tune that has some lower volume parts and you can hear it.

Also, play any MP3, pause it - and you will hear the high pitched whine / hiss - it sort of sounds like electronic interference of some sort.

So the sound is always there just masked until quieter passages.

To test , use headphones, turn up the volume, play an mp3, use YouTube - anything with audio, then PAUSE the item and listen - you will hear a second or so of the noise, then it will stop.

Mfeaturefeeature phones never had this problem (VGA1000, FUSIC) and tried with my original Droid and Wife's Eris - no interference / hiss etc. and all sound better, pretty lame for a $299 , flagship / high end brand new smart phone!

This, horrible battery life every 3G everyt so often which may be the cause , but yet my Droid, Eris, BBerry for work do not) , and the lack of bright whitelooksow (loooks like mustard) - not looking like a keeper and with nothing else worthy on VZW (dual core, 1Gb ram) - looking like a Photon (if theissuesious isues aren't present) or an Epic Touch 4G - both $99 on Sprint.

mithong

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
easy fix. just get a headphone adapter with inline volume control from radio shack. completely eliminates the hiss.

aside from the hiss, this phone probably has the best sound quality ive heard from a phone.

rgarling

Apr 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
I've heard the hiss only when songs are starting on Pandora, I cannot hear it during the song.

I was, however, streaming a netflix movie using the speaker and I kept hearing a crackling sound as the characters spoke. Anyone else have THIS issue?

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I was, however, streaming a netflix movie using the speaker and I kept hearing a crackling sound as the characters spoke. Anyone else have THIS issue?

Yeah, a bunch of people are experiencing this. I started a thread a few days ago about this, search "Netflix audio issue"

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I've heard the hiss only when songs are starting on Pandora, I cannot hear it during the song.

I'm getting this as well. VERY annoyed because Netflix was one of my most used apps. Moto needs to come up with a fix for this soon.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting this as well. VERY annoyed because Netflix was one of my most used apps. Moto needs to come up with a fix for this soon.

I'd encourage you to call Netflix customer service and mention the problem. Perhaps if they get enough calls they'll get moving on a fix.

pushdrops

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hook you bionic up to external speakers via the headphone line out, play any audio, then stop or pause and you will hear the interference / noise for a second after stopping and this sound is always there, only clearly noticeable when quieter passages or when stopped.

Not only is it annoying to hear noise and popping when stopping but the interference is there always, degrading the overall audio (when using the external line out) .

Tested today in the car my original Droid and wife's Eris, not a trace of noise. Also tested my Fusic by LG.

I really do like this phone minus the data connectivity time outs which I think are hogging the battery and the audio out issue.

The poorly performing camera with slow.focus and shakey video, lack of.bright whites and yellow on the display I can live with, though admit the slowness of the camera.to.focus. is pretty bad.

I need to contact Verizon about the audio issue or Motorola when / if I have time after work.

Anyone else contact them?

kahindi

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
easy fix. just get a headphone adapter with inline volume control from radio shack. completely eliminates the hiss.

aside from the hiss, this phone probably has the best sound quality ive heard from a phone.

You're right! I tried listening w/ one of my headphones that has a volume control and the hiss was completely eliminated. I can't explain it but it works!!

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Strange how i get no hissing sound through headphones while on YOUTUBE and no crackling through the phone speakers but on NETFLIX I do. If this was a hardware issue I would think it should happen no matter what you were listning too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knxnx