Thunderbolt having trouble connecting to PC

shley00

May 6, 2010
Visit site
so I'm trying to transfer music files over to my TB but I'm having trouble with having my computer recognize the Thunderbolt. I've changed option on the phone from USB Charge only, to mount as a Disk Drive, and all it seems to do is freeze up my Windows. I've had to restart Windows Explorer about 3 times.

When I go into My Computer, I'm able to see the Removable Drive, but when I click on it to explore, it says "Please insert a disc into Removable Drive H:" so I'm not able to see the contents of my SD Card at all.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong and/or how to fix this?

Thanks!
Ashley

deltaden

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Same Problem With Me

I am having the same problem, but for me, when I connect the USB cable to my Desktop, in Windows Explorer up pops the new drive which is listed as "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 (Protected) (Q:)". If I click that, a box comes up and says "Please insert a Disk..."

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Are you using an usb port at the front of your computer? If so.
, try one in the back.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

Accrete

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
on my desktop running WinXPpro the Tbolt was plugNplay, recognized right away as an external disk drive. On my wife's nice Vista running laptop it is a PITA!!!!! I gave up with all the warnings, do this, download this/that, etc... So we just plug her Tbolt into the desktop and her laptop is out of the loop. On our older WinXPhome laptop no issues and use it for GPS mapping/tethering without any issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky