Thunderbolt Review / Returned

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCVirginia

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Answers;
- Did I check out threads - yes, did all the tricks.
- Did I root it, no - didn't want to go that far - I wish I could have waited for the 2.3 release.
- Is it defective - could be, last day when I could return it and VZ would not extend
- Is it the iPhone VZ - Yes, and it is a compromise, but ATT had network issues (dropped calls)
- Is Android for me, no reason it could not have been – lots of cool stuff. After all, it was my first choice!
- Did I say iPhone was flawless??? Don’t think so! I do think it is more reliable.
- Am I an idiot – could be, didn’t want to buy a year old 3g phone but old one died and it was time to get back to work.
- Is the iPhone working – so far, looks ok. No surprises. Got 2meg on 3g USB-Hotspot.

TTFN (Ta-ta-for-now)

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I finally made my way into the store yesterday. I was waiting to see the Incredible 2 and the TB at the same time. I have the original Incredible and love it. I loved the TB and will be upgrading to it. I am disappointed in the new Incredible 2. I think the TB is awesome and I was hesitant at first. I played with it for quite awhile.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I love my Verizon iPhone 4 but I'm looking at moving to a Thunderbolt shortly. I'm tired of not being able to customize it and the notification system can't even compare with smartphones of the early 2000's.

Welcome to the Dark Side. I looked back comparing my Tbolt to my sister's iphone 4 (I had an iphone 4 too before I got the Bolt). Screen's too small (compared to the Bolt), limited customization, crappy signal (AT&T, no surpise), cant do wireless tether. Good amount of launchers (I have 7 of them, each with different home screens. Can't do that on the iPhone), 4G, multitask, faster, etc. I go on for more but I guess I'll stop here for now. LOLz :D

Dooley19

May 1, 2011
Visit site
This is for all you Android user. If you want better battery life and be truly mobile without hooking up to the wall socket every few ours, COME TO IOS Apple iPhone!

iphoneusage-1.png

Reactions: Chrisy

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
This is for all you Android user. If you want better battery life and be truly mobile without hooking up to the wall socket every few ours, COME TO IOS Apple iPhone!

iphoneusage-1.png

And you can add how much memory to this phone........LOL
Isn't the deductable for that phone 199 dollars......LOL

And on ,and on,and on.

Its all in what you want,stop stirrin the pot.

Dooley19

May 1, 2011
Visit site
It's no deductible, u don't need to pay for insurance, if u break it, u can get a new one from apple for $199. If you lose it, ha it has a built in tracking so u will find it! Memory upgraded? 32GB does me fine plus it streams all my music and pics with my mac. So I really have 32GB of memory for apps. By the way I owned android devices so I know what your going through. :)

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
It's no deductible, u don't need to pay for insurance, if u break it, u can get a new one from apple for $199. If you lose it, ha it has a built in tracking so u will find it! Memory upgraded? 32GB does me fine plus it streams all my music and pics with my mac. So I really have 32GB of memory for apps. By the way I owned android devices so I know what your going through. :)

And my dads tougher then yours.......................LOL

And let me know what Apple store where you can get a 32GB FOR 199.lol

Like I said "Its all in what you want".

So go back under your bridge,and stop being a Troll.:)

Last edited:

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I can get that time on mine and enjoy seeing that 3G for a really long time. Oh yea and how's that simultaneous voice and data working out for ya?

Last edited:

johnsonwcjw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

iphoneusage-1.png

So r u upgrading to the new "REVOLUTIONARY" WHITE iphone? Isnt that supposed to support simultanious voice and data? Oh and DUAL core? LOL!

Dooley19

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I can get that time on mine and enjoy seeing that 3G for a really long time. Oh yea and how's that simultaneous voice and data working out for ya?

I don't need voice and data. I had that when I was with AT&T YEARS ago so that's nothing new thunderbolt users. What good is it if your battery dies in 2 hours if your talking and surfing the web at the same time

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Let's not start flaming guys. Keep the op in mind. Let's keep this a polite comparison of the tbolt and the iphone and leave attitudes out of it. :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Dooley19

May 1, 2011
Visit site
And my dads tougher then yours.......................LOL

And let me know what Apple store where you can get a 32GB FOR 199.lol

Like I said "Its all in what you want".

So go back under your bridge,and stop being a Troll.:)

All apple stores, it's been like that, u give them the broken one, they give you a new one in return for $199. I'm not a troll I'm just staten facts! I like android, my only concern is the battery life!!! That's why I started the thread stating if u want better battery, get an iPhone. My last android was the HTC EVO. Loved the phone, hate the battery life

Dooley19

May 1, 2011
Visit site
So r u upgrading to the new "REVOLUTIONARY" WHITE iphone? Isnt that supposed to support simultanious voice and data? Oh and DUAL core? LOL!

It's funny how the iPhone 4 came out a YEAR ago and the thunderbolt came out just weeks ago and still the iPhone is on the same level and your battery eating thunderbolt

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree that stock android has pretty poor battery life. However, I found that once I got the community rom that was completely debloated, I can get around 36 hours out of mine. I think the difference lies in how apple does not let carriers put their "value added" software on the iphone. At least on the fascinate, the bloatware is hard wired into the framework of the os, consuming battery. As I said, now that I am on a completely android without bloat os (line ios has no bloat) my battery life is awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzmorais