Time for upgrade, Galaxy Note 3?

noihaveband

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Done with apple. I'm really looking to splash into the Android world. I have my eyes set on the Samsung Note 3. I did see the the Galaxy S5 was unveiled last Monday, and HTC will be talking about their new flagship on March 25, so is it worth the wait for one of those two phones? I'm looking to stay between 200 and maybe 300 with a 2-year contract as far as pricing goes. Do you think these new phones will be about that price? I guess you could say I'm most into media consumption and screen display. I would like something pretty up to date.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd wait.. I mean I love my Note 3 but with these other devices so close to release I'd wait till they are out and then you can read reviews, play with store models, and see which one fits you best. Also some going from Apple to the Note 3 is a huge change.. Screen is big and some don't like that once they get it in their hands :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'd wait.. I mean I love my Note 3 but with these other devices so close to release I'd wait till they are out and then you can read reviews, play with store models, and see which one fits you best. Also some going from Apple to the Note 3 is a huge change.. Screen is big and some don't like that once they get it in their hands :).

And others go running into the streets screaming with joy :)

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

This is a fair reply and the Note 3 is the best phone I have owned and I have had a few lol but you may want to wait until the S5 is released and the HTC new one lol its your call and if you get impatient and do opt for the Note 3 then you won't be disappointed it's brilliant for media consumption with the 5.7" display. The Processor at 2.3ghz and 3gb Ram offers a clean and fast user experience. It has 32gb base storage expandable storage. The S - Pen features are handy although I don't over use them but I wouldn't be without them.

If your happy to wait though their are some great products ahead no doubt but the Note 3 will hold its own in terms of specs for the rest of this year anyway.

So your call and that's my input lol

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Done with apple. I'm really looking to splash into the Android world. I have my eyes set on the Samsung Note 3. I did see the the Galaxy S5 was unveiled last Monday, and HTC will be talking about their new flagship on March 25, so is it worth the wait for one of those two phones? I'm looking to stay between 200 and maybe 300 with a 2-year contract as far as pricing goes. Do you think these new phones will be about that price? I guess you could say I'm most into media consumption and screen display. I would like something pretty up to date.

I am highly inclined to agree with Almeuit. There are a few decent phones queued to be announced in the next few weeks with releases not far behind. This gives you time to look around see what you like and make a decision then.

Another option is get several choices now, and play with the devices. Along with the Note 3 I would suggest the Moto X.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I am highly inclined to agree with Almeuit. There are a few decent phones queued to be announced in the next few weeks with releases not far behind. This gives you time to look around see what you like and make a decision then.

Another option is get several choices now, and play with the devices. Along with the Note 3 I would suggest the Moto X.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Another vote for the Moto X, and one for the Nexus 5 👍

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez