[TIPS] Apps to start you off on the NC

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
Where does one find Angry Birds? It doesn't show up in Android Market.

You may need to change your fingerprint for it to show up.

From another thread:

Open Root Explorer, navigate to system/, mount as r-w, and open build.prop in a text editor. Find the line that starts with ro.build.fingerprint= and change it to the following:

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-keys

Now from your homescreen, hit Menu>settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All, and find Market. Select clear cache, and then force stop. Then, still under All, find Google Services Framework, and hit wipe data, and then force stop. Reboot, and many more apps should show up!

The default fingerprint on my Nook Color / Froyo SD is

ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2.1/FRG83/60505:user/release-keys

May also want to search this forum as I know there's another way to get it.

- Dave

crazace

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the nook app running great, and my books downloaded fine, however why dont my magazines show up? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

Most mags are exclusive to the nook color only and will not download to the nook app. You can go to BN.com select the mags you have and it should show a list of compatibility. I have that issue with Maxim and that why I am still running 2.1 on my nook with HCv4 on an SD card.

ndinfla

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
No not as of yet. I will install and give it a try Thanks.

UPDATE i installed button savoir and it works great. Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:

RobZen

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Had a tough time with nookie so i went with auto-nooter. A couple of curious resets but mostly working fine now. Question though; not being able to access the B&N store is the norm, correct?

Pudmunkie

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Where does one find Angry Birds? It doesn't show up in Android Market.

For those that are having trouble finding apps even after changing the device fingerprint, try using the web based market. I'm able to find all apps there, and push to my nook if the app is compatible

Sent from my rooted nook using Tapatalk

RobZen

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Had a tough time with nookie so i went with auto-nooter. A couple of curious resets but mostly working fine now. Question though; not being able to access the B&N store is the norm, correct?

All good things in time? I guess it had to work out the kinks. I have access to B&N now and only have one oddity of note. When searching the market i can't see or scroll thru all of the results unless i turn the nook sideways. :confused: Common issue?

midasag

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
OK, so maybe i'm just dense, but I can download an app from the market, but it wont show up in extras. I need to launch it from the market. Is this normal?

bbasiaga

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
For those running the rooted stock, and having trouble finding their apps after download/install...I have the same issue. If you power the device off (off, not sleep mode) and back on, they show up in the 'extras' area with all the other apps. In the mean time, you can launch them from the 'my apps' section of the market app.

Hope this helps.

-Brian

artcwolf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried Documents To Go on flash Honeycomb yet?

I ask because I'm using version 4 of Honeycomb, and i'm trying to get documents to go to work, it's not finding my xlsx files, and when i click the more option it's not allowing me to change worksheets.

OfficeSuite works but it costs more. Any tips or suggestions? I use Thinkfree on my froyo phone, but can't find it in the market on honeycomb yet.

Thanks in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21