tizen 4.0.0.4 update issue

jleemess

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I did the update yesterday and I'm noticing a considerable battery drain. I did do a complete reset and it's the Bluetooth version. Just wondering if anyone else had any issues

Last edited:

neo999

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have any issues with the upgrade other than downloading it twice. After, no improvement on battery life.

GaryWW

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Battery life seems better for me, but now I cannot go back and review each days step in the Health app. It only shows the current days amount.

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Battery drain last 3 days has been brutal; down to 50% in a couple hours with only BT on. Did a hard reset and will hope for improvement today.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought a new in sealed box borough version S3 from swappa and received it Monday. I charged it up, paired it and it took on three firmware updates, in a row, to the second version of One UI / R760XXU2ESE3.

Battery seems good to go. More than 50% battery left after a full workday, during which I was on it a lot, setting it up and messing with it.

D Coogan

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I did the update yesterday and I'm noticing a considerable battery drain. I did do a complete reset and it's the Bluetooth version. Just wondering if anyone else had any issues

Ever since the latest update to 4.0.0.4, my watch will only last a half day at best, wherein before, the battery would last at least 48hrs. My watch is showing that "Settings" is responsible for 35% of the battery drain, followed by Samsung Health at 10%. I am unable to find what, in Settings, is responsible, and I've completely nullified SHealth, yet it continues to drain. To add to the confusion, the estimated times for remaining battery life are not reflected, despite this obvious change in battery drain, even after 3 weeks of continuous use.

I can hope Tizen receives a minor update to fix this, but if it's not occurring on the majority of OS's, they may not address it for some time.

Rolling back to the previous version would be nice, but it is not a possibility, correct? After being burned by so many updates, for all kinds of software, you'd think I'd learn to make sure automatic update is turned off...

Is there anyone out there that knows of a solution, or even a workaround? It would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

GEAR S3 CLASSIC
NOTE 9
SETTINGS v1.1.20

D Coogan

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried to reset the watch in the 'Settings' menu? I've already performed a hard reset with no luck... But I haven't tried a "Settings Reset". Also... To everyone having this problem...

Can you reply with the top apps/functions draining your own battery and what the percentages are...?

D Coogan

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
If this helps even one person, I guess it is worth it.

After attempting all kinds of 'fixes', including hard resets, different variations on settings, etc, I finally fixed the battery drain issue on my watch... FOR NOW.

A simple reset of the watch through the Settings->General->Reset seems to have solved the problem. Now, it is possible to create a backup prior to reset, using the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. While I made a backup, I opted NOT TO upload this to the watch after reset, fearing some setting(s) saved in the backup would cause the battery to uncontrollably drain once again. Outside of downloading watch faces again and customizing button orders, etc, it's really not that painful... It is definitely worth if it, given it permanently fixes the battery problem.

For now (72hrs), my battery has returned to its status quo. As mentioned, it may be a specific setting, or group of settings, that triggers the battery drain to start up again. I'll be sure to update if this occurs. Otherwise, it worked!

D Coogan

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Never mind... Once I began updating the watch to my preferences, the battery drain returned, again showing that 'Settings' was eating through 25% of the battery alone. Frustrating...

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Never mind... Once I began updating the watch to my preferences, the battery drain returned, again showing that 'Settings' was eating through 25% of the battery alone. Frustrating...

At this point, I don't feel you have anything to lose, so I'll suggest that you reset the watch. Uninstall the Galaxy Wearable app. Restart phone. Reinstall the Galaxy Wearable app. Restart phone. Pair watch.
I don't KNOW that this will fix your issue, but I have seen this kind of process fix weird issues like you are experiencing.