To Big?

Makai5

May 1, 2011
Visit site
does anyone else feel that the Nexus 6 is to BIG?
i'm constantly wishing it was the size of the 5 or just a bit smaller then what it is.:-\

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
For me, it is the perfect size.
Not too big. Not too small. It's just right.
It is not for everyone, but for the most part, many have got used to it quicker than they thought they would and now marvel at the size of their previous smaller device.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Nexus 6.

kdwisdom

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Too Big?

Not at all for me, its a great size. I'm a bigger guy (6'4", 275 lbs) and I can hold it with one hand and operate the basic feature (I text with 2 hands, but can unlock with one, etc...)

It feels right on me, but I could see someone of a more normal/smaller stature might like a smaller phone, so its really up to what feels like a good fit.

Dismaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
The size is what I was looking for, and it is fine on all counts. I am also a bigger guy and so I am very pleased. I have to say that when I saw people with the 6 inch phones I thought they looked so huge, but after having this phone 3 months it seems like it's not so big.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

AgentDecoy

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
When I first got mine I was a little concerned over the size. It took a few weeks of using to really get used to it. After about 3 weeks I picked up my old LG G2 to try to use it and I had trouble even thinking about going back down in size! The size isn't for everyone, but it really is not as big of a deal as some make it out to be. Give it time and a fair shot---I think it will grow on you pretty quickly.

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
When I saw it in the store, I though "wow, this is so big, it's insane". As soon as I held it I was like "this is so great"... Coming from a Nexus 4.

Minacious

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I think this will largely depend on the size of the individual, as well as just personal preference.

I don't find it too big at all. I can also one-hand it to do most operations. Like already mentioned, I could see a smaller-statured individual finding it too large.

DroidTron

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I got use to the size in a few days even though I can not reach every part of the screen with one hand. Now I can't even think about going back to a smaller screen. I can understand why the size can be a real pain for some people however.
Besides the one hand thing, maybe it doesn't fit in many of your pockets. Or if you don't have a good mount in your car, forget about juggling this thing around while driving.

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
It looks like I may be the odd man out here. Ive had the N6 since January and still feel it it too big. The phone is great when Im using both hands, but it's difficult for me to use it single handed and it is still uncomfortably bulky in my pocket. Come upgrade time I will be moving back down in size and hopefully the next Nexus will have a 5 inch option.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It is big. I got my Nexus 6 in December and sometimes I still think it is too wide for my hand. I like 5.5 inches better. That said I still like it for the screen, speakers, performance and stock android so I deal with it. Sometimes I feel like it is weighing my pocket down so I would say I still do not like carrying it in my pocket.

waiting on the S6 to come out to see what the real users say about it.

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Just right for me, I do have large hands though. I was using a note 4 before making the switch so these larger sized phones are definitely in my wheelhouse

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was really pushing the boundary to where it might be too big when I first got mine, but after a week that concern faded away.

If I heavily used my N6 as a calling device, I would probably consider it too large as the size of its screen really isn't a benefit, but I primarily use it for browsing/media streaming. The fact that I do have to occasionally use two hands is more than compensated for by the extra display real estate.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
If it didn't have such a great screen, speakers, & faster updates, I would say it is too big. Several times almost falling out of my pocket. For what it offers, I'll manage.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Is the phone still the same size as the day you bought it? Yes! Did you buy it thinking it was going to shrink to the size of a 5? That's your own Damn fault. It's too big, it's too small, it's too wide, it's too expensive blah blah blah f-ing blah.

Go buy a tiny phone. You knew the specs before even holding it for the first time. Don't come whining now. #tinyhands #neverhappy #probablyliveswithmom

Posted via the Android Central App

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
does anyone else feel that the Nexus 6 is to BIG?
i'm constantly wishing it was the size of the 5 or just a bit smaller then what it is.:-\

Dude, there's a girl posting in here saying it's perfect size. Get out of here with your crap. You want a six inch screen in a four inch body. Never going to happen. Time to trade in your skinny jeans boy.

Also like many smartphones there's a Google feature that types what you speak. It'll correct your grammar mistakes that you'd normally type and give you the appearance of an individual with better grammar. Check it out.

Posted via the Android Central App

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
5'2" woman, small hands. The phone isn't too big. It helps that I use Swype or dictation and not my thumbs. The way I figure it is, I have two hands why not use them? Also, it's safer to hold a phone with two hands. At $750, I don't want to drop the phone.

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I got used to the size very fast and I at this point in time wouldn't think of going back to a smaller screen. I would like to see all the phone makers provide some sort of a 6" size phone for customers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan