To those who've been using it for awhile, whats the verdict?

1984world

May 9, 2015
Visit site
My smart phones have consisted of blackberries, and iphones (3gs, 4, 4s, 5s, and now 6 plus), so I don't have another Android experience to compare it to. In comparison to the iphone, it is a pure equal. Some things are way nicer (google integration, the wireless charging is awesome), some I miss (mainly imessage, and a number of things from jailbreaking which I'm sure I will find tradeoffs for eventually). As a whole, the battery life is about equal to the iphone. The screen is beautiful, ease of use is no issue. Lots more settings (which I like), and a lot of features out of the box that I had to jailbreak to achieve before. Overall, a really nice phone (I got a black 128 gb one), and I have zero regrets in getting one. Once I learn my way around it, my wife is going to trade in her 5s and get one too.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Had the phone for a month and must say it's the best Android phone I've ever owned and Iv'e owned a lot. The only negative I've found is the battery life. It's very inconsistent. One day it last all day no problem the next day I have to run and go look for a place to charge my phone. The quick charger does help on those days though.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My smart phones have consisted of blackberries, and iphones (3gs, 4, 4s, 5s, and now 6 plus), so I don't have another Android experience to compare it to. In comparison to the iphone, it is a pure equal. Some things are way nicer (google integration, the wireless charging is awesome), some I miss (mainly imessage, and a number of things from jailbreaking which I'm sure I will find tradeoffs for eventually). As a whole, the battery life is about equal to the iphone. The screen is beautiful, ease of use is no issue. Lots more settings (which I like), and a lot of features out of the box that I had to jailbreak to achieve before. Overall, a really nice phone (I got a black 128 gb one), and I have zero regrets in getting one. Once I learn my way around it, my wife is going to trade in her 5s and get one too.

You are getting wireless charging and rapid charging. A better display. Multitasking versus task switching. Samsung Pay with tap n go and mag strip terminals. Better camera.

Apple makes a great device which is highly optimized but you are stuck with whatever they build or you don't buy it. The. GS6 is so much more customizable. Different themes, widgets, keyboards and homescreen launchers.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Had the phone for a month and must say it's the best Android phone I've ever owned and Iv'e owned a lot. The only negative I've found is the battery life. It's very inconsistent. One day it last all day no problem the next day I have to run and go look for a place to charge my phone. The quick charger does help on those days though.

You also have wireless charging and ultra pws mode which will get you through in a bind. Battery life differs so greatly from carrier, usage habits, and device configurations.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have had the S6 Edge for 40 days now and it's the best device on the market imo.
I am on AT&T and I have never not made it thru an entire day on One charge.
I don't own a car charger and work at apple, so there are no micro USB cables there to use. But, I don't need it. Battery life is great for me. (on 5.0.2 now and battery life seems even better)

Touchwiz is Soooooo much better than it was in the past.
The phone is crazy fast. the camera is amazing. Seriously couldn't be happier. The more I use the S6, the more I love it.
Normally after owning a device for 40 days, I am looking for what's coming out next so I can get ready to sell and buy a new phone.
I don't think I will find another device to replace the S6.
I have an iPhone 6 and the S6 edge ( and a nokia 1520...) the iPhone is sits around collecting dust.
I am using stock messaging app ( Never did that before on a samsung device)
Stock keyboard ( never did that either )
I don't even have a launcher installed.
It's that good. Don't care what others think. Some people are never happy no matter what. I am Happy.

Parham Goudarzi

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I haven't bought it yet, But I tested it in one of the stores and I'm amazed by how much the TouchWiz has improved. I have S5 currently and comparing to the the TouchWiz on S6 , it sucks. The TouchWiz on S6 is so snappy and fast I can't get it outta my head. If I buy it, I'll be staying with the TouchWiz.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Camera and screen are excellent.

Battery life is sub-par.

And I have to say, my S6 has been slowing down/slow to switch apps. I have to reset the device every day or two to keep it speedy. I think this is mainly a Lollipop issue as that's what happened to my Moto X on 5.0. The slowdown can also be chalked up to this Samsung RAM issue we hear about.

Yep mine too. Love that lag....

Posted via the Android Central App

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Love mine ... no complaints at all.

That said, I loved my S4 too. I only wanted to switch to the S6 for the newer/faster hardware, and the fingerprint reader. However, I got a whole lot more with the S6, as this phone is just a beast.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No battery life issues and smooth as butter with no noticeable lag. The only drawback besides slimming TouchWiz down more and getting some dang decent themes is the chassis was not flush with the camera.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie