To unlock or not?

jdballard

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
My HTC 10 acquired from T-Mobile just got paid off. If I use the unlock app on my phone, will I immediately get the Nougat update or will I still have to wait for T-Mobile to push it out? If I do get it immediately, will I lose anything that might be included in the T-Mobile version when they release it? In other words, does T-Mobile actually change the software or just approve/test it?

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My HTC 10 acquired from T-Mobile just got paid off. If I use the unlock app on my phone, will I immediately get the Nougat update or will I still have to wait for T-Mobile to push it out? If I do get it immediately, will I lose anything that might be included in the T-Mobile version when they release it? In other words, does T-Mobile actually change the software or just approve/test it?

A carrier version is still a *carrier* version. All you're doing is unlocking it to work on other carriers. I'm sure if you.want to fully convert.it to a US unlocked you find how to do so on the XDA forums.

jdballard

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
A carrier version is still a *carrier* version. All you're doing is unlocking it to work on other carriers. I'm sure if you.want to fully convert.it to a US unlocked you find how to do so on the XDA forums.

That's exactly the info I was looking for. Not interested in converting it to a US unlocked. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rock09