Question Touch Screen not working even after Digitizer replacement

andrethehill

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
Please help, I have a Galaxy Tab 3 and everything else works besides the digitizer. I bought a replacement tablet (though, it was white) and it still doesn't work. I can even listen to my old songs but it's stuck on just 1 playlist. I really really just want to log into my old tablet as I had such a good time with it (it was my best friend LOL) for emulating and music and it's super important to me. It stopped working after I dropped it while using it in the bathroom (lol) HELP!

P.S, tried the mouse thing and it doesn't work, and the bluetooth is off. It's a model SMT-217S.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you do the replacement? If you're not highly experienced with replacing the screen, I'd recommend going to a qualified technician to do it.

That tablet is really ancient, running a very outdated version of Android, so I wouldn't recommend using it for anything besides playing locally saved music. It probably won't be able to access a lot of websites these days due to outdated security protocols, and many major apps will probably no longer be compatible either. And, of course, it's a significant security risk if you have any kind of sensitive data on it.

andrethehill

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you do the replacement? If you're not highly experienced with replacing the screen, I'd recommend going to a qualified technician to do it.

That tablet is really ancient, running a very outdated version of Android, so I wouldn't recommend using it for anything besides playing locally saved music. It probably won't be able to access a lot of websites these days due to outdated security protocols, and many major apps will probably no longer be compatible either. And, of course, it's a significant security risk if you have any kind of sensitive data on it.
I know that, I just have my old photos, rare music that's been deleted or is obscure, and a *sick* home layout. I love it dearly.

I went to a technician and he's the one who did the LCD replacement between the 2 tablets but the touch screen still didn't work.

Is there a solution? is the problem common? again, everything else works, but the digitizer is like, not registering my touches. It's so sad ;_;

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000