TouchWiz or Nova Prime

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Until they decide to take the limit off home screen icons and allow me to remove the search bar, Nova. I've been using it for years. Also look at Apex launcher - very similar.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Nova vs tw

Look how much more space you get with Nova.

ab616f0c467ca9788bbbe886e054dac1.jpg

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
use Touchwiz, love both. Nova is good stuff, but I really like the new Touchwiz, a lot.
I am using stock samsung keyboard (awesome) and messenger.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
@delirious

wow, that's a horrible mess of a screen... looks like a kids phone, specially with the font, worst font ever created.
pink and yellow chaos..

(post not intended to be a personal attack, I hate that Font. it makes me puke when I see someone actually putting that crap on their phone)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
wow, that's a horrible mess of a screen... looks like a childs phone, specially with the font, worst font ever created.
pink and yellow chaos..

Mod Note,let's keep things above the belt. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and style

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 6s Plus

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There is 1 thing i find annoying on nova prime. Apps have to be added into folder from nova settings. (No drag and drop in app doc) and if i remove/delete an app out a folder on home screen , it gets removed out of that folder in app doc so now i have this lone app outside of the folders.

You can drag and drop apps into a folder and to the dock in Nova....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
when i try to drag and drop in APPs it just take the icon to the home screen.

You can't drag and drop in the app drawer. But instead of going into nova settings, simply click the folder to expand and show the content and then long press the back capacitive key to bring up the menu options and add more apps into the folder.

Attachments

• 1443271760852.jpg
    1443271760852.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 56

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You can't drag and drop in the app drawer. But instead of going into nova settings, simply click the folder to expand and show the content and then long press the back capacitive key to bring up the menu options and add more apps into the folder.
Oh! Sweet.. i didnt know that! Thanks

Wael Nuweihed

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Nova prime is a customization beast, yet easy to use.
One new feature I really like is the ability to standardize the size of the various icons, especially that android app icons have significant differences in shapes and sizes which make some icon packs (including the stock icons) look weird. With this feature the home screen looks really harmonious :)

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I also forgot to add that the ability to set "Swipe Actions" to items on the home screen in Nova is also a big plus. For example, tapping the camera icon takes me to the camera app. Swiping up on the camera icon takes me to Quickpic. Tapping the phone takes me to the dialer, swiping up directly calls my wife. Taping What's App goes to What's App app. Swiping up on what's app sends her a text that I am leaving the office, etc.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
OK are you guys not using Nova Prime? I can drag and drop from the app drawer directly to a folder. I'm also on the beta of Nova Prime. Maybe that's why?

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I also forgot to add that the ability to set "Swipe Actions" to items on the home screen in Nova is also a big plus. For example, tapping the camera icon takes me to the camera app. Swiping up on the camera icon takes me to Quickpic. Tapping the phone takes me to the dialer, swiping up directly calls my wife. Taping What's App goes to What's App app. Swiping up on what's app sends her a text that I am leaving the office, etc.
This allllll day. Swiping on my phone button to dial my favorite contact is the BEST THING EVER. Going to steal your camera gestures though.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
OK are you guys not using Nova Prime? I can drag and drop from the app drawer directly to a folder. I'm also on the beta of Nova Prime. Maybe that's why?

I've been using Prime for years. You CANNOT drag and drop apps from the app drawer to a folder in the app drawer. When you long press an app from the app drawer it brings up the home screen previews where you can then drop the app. Of course this means you CAN drop apps from the app drawer to a folder that's already situated on the home screen to begin with. It's been like this for years I highly doubt they changed anything in the recent Beta.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

How do I go about assigning commands like that to individual apps? I see where I can set certain gestures to perform certain actions.... Like open a particular app. But how do I set where swiping on whatsapp messages particular contact our phone does certain thing. Thanks

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
How do I go about assigning commands like that to individual apps? I see where I can set certain gestures to perform certain actions.... Like open a particular app. But how do I set where swiping on whatsapp messages particular contact our phone does certain thing. Thanks
Long press on an app, then select "edit."

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Prime for years. You CANNOT drag and drop apps from the app drawer to a folder in the app drawer. When you long press an app from the app drawer it brings up the home screen previews where you can then drop the app. Of course this means you CAN drop apps from the app drawer to a folder that's already situated on the home screen to begin with. It's been like this for years I highly doubt they changed anything in the recent Beta.
Oh to a folder in the app drawer. Missed that part. When she said "doc" I thought she meant the actual "dock" not drawer.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit