Trade question

Adrian Rangel

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Quick question, say I have a nexus 5 on easy pay framily plan and I decide I would like to trade on craigslist for a Note 3 or something would we just swap Sims as I did on Verizon? Or would they need to activate our phones in store? Also, would this change my monthly bill or would I still continue paying off the nexus 5. Thank you in Advance.

Posted via The Nexus Cinco

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion your best move is to contact Sprint CS and discuss this with them. If you are on easy pay plan for the N5 then you are still obligated to pay off that device.

Adrian Rangel

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Correct. I will do so. Just wondering if getting rid of the device would mean paying off the device in full, or still continuing to pay it off while using the other phone.

Posted via The Nexus Cinco

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would assume if your removing the device from your account/possession in a sale/trade, Sprint will demand payment in full before releasing it to be activated by someone else.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would assume if your removing the device from your account/possession in a sale/trade, Sprint will demand payment in full before releasing it to be activated by someone else.

Wow seems like not a very friendly policy. I know Verizon would let you do it without incurring any additional charges.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Wow seems like not a very friendly policy. I know Verizon would let you do it without incurring any additional charges.

I'm assuming that is how it would go down. I had a friend last year with Sprint sell his S3 on Swappa and Sprint wouldn't release the device for reactivation until the phone was paid in full per the contract agreement.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming that is how it would go down. I had a friend last year with Sprint sell his S3 on Swappa and Sprint wouldn't release the device for reactivation until the phone was paid in full per the contract agreement.

Good to know. With Verizon you can just swap sims even when on contract. Guess Sprint operates different