transparent status bar

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So I am wondering how the heck to make the status bar transparent so that the wallpaper shows through. Is this possible on froyo? I am running the bumblebee rom. I already know about replacing the .pngs in framework-res.apk, but when you make the status bar png transparent, there is a black back background behind it and I have absolutely no clue how to make it show all the way through. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks:)

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
not sure about froyo, in my experience it looks good only on the homescreens and in menus and apps it defaults to a solid color and looks bad.

on MIUI i can control the transparency, color, and text color, and carrier name all in the android menus.

I flashed a cm7 rom a few weeks ago that had the status bar color options but i dont remember if that was on my triumph or one of the new IHO roms that i flashed on a friends OV. i know it was cm7 for sure

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The newest backside IHO build and can set my notification bar to transparent... Don't know about in froyo tho...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK, you can't make the status bar transparent in froyo. That's a gingerbread only feature.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would imagine it can be done, first by making your statusbar_background.png transparent then you mentioned a black ring or whatever still showing... That would probably be a hex color xml change that would be required in the XML of the framework...

Probably more than your willing to dive into and I don't blame you... But the option does exist if your willing to explore and play around.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
It takes a bit more than that unfortunately. There are pixel formats that have to be set appropriately in order to allow transparency. The default is to use opaque pixel format, so that would have to be changed via source code or a smali edit in the status bar service java file.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I switched to gingerbread... and I couldn't stand it. Don't get mad!!! Lol. I reworked this froyo rom I have so much it just looks so pretty and minimalist. Only thing I don't like about froyo is the poofy status bar icons, but I can make my own. I will try your suggestions (I'm guessing the service.jar is the culprit), but it may just be deep in the code or something. I decompiled the entire framework-res.apk and looked at the source code the other day, but it was mad complicated... made me respect the people that code.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well I switched to gingerbread... and I couldn't stand it. Don't get mad!!! Lol. I reworked this froyo rom I have so much it just looks so pretty and minimalist. Only thing I don't like about froyo is the poofy status bar icons, but I can make my own. I will try your suggestions (I'm guessing the service.jar is the culprit), but it may just be deep in the code or something. I decompiled the entire framework-res.apk and looked at the source code the other day, but it was mad complicated... made me respect the people that code.

one day youll get a phone that runs the newest android OS and youll be forced to like it.

froyo is dying. dont get too attached :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRepairGuy