Truly happy with my S22 battery now.

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I put it on charger once it hit 10 percent. I ended up with 30 hrs total and 8 hrs SOT with the adaptive battery learning my use plus dialing stuff down when I don't need them.

For this being the regular S22, I think this is fantastic. I know most of the time it'll probably be a bit less than this, but I've finally found that happy medium of dialing the right stuff down while keeping enough stuff on to get both good performance and battery life.

I'd gladly take anything even approaching this. Putting those rarely used(but still used once a month or so) apps to deep sleep has helped a ton!!

For the base S22 I think this is outstanding.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220528-082854_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220528-082854_Device care.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Pretty good, once u reach 5% it goes really really quick lol that's when I usually charge it back up.

We just got ours Thursday and I haven't tweaked any settings yet. Everyone says the battery is better on the 21U cause of this having a brighter screen. I need go into my settings and see what needs to be changed. I know it learns your habits so it's too soon for me to tell. But anyway tips or tricks on what to turn off or change I would appreciate it. I'm not one to turn all this stuff off that I use just to save battery when I always have an external pack on me or charger. Just normal settings might need to be tweaked and apps put to deep sleep like they said.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
We just got ours Thursday and I haven't tweaked any settings yet. Everyone says the battery is better on the 21U cause of this having a brighter screen. I need go into my settings and see what needs to be changed. I know it learns your habits so it's too soon for me to tell. But anyway tips or tricks on what to turn off or change I would appreciate it. I'm not one to turn all this stuff off that I use just to save battery when I always have an external pack on me or charger. Just normal settings might need to be tweaked and apps put to deep sleep like they said.
For display settings FHD I leave it , adaptive screen refresh rate , 60hz you probably could get little more battery , go into resource hog apps like Facebook and make sure it's optimize for battery you can go this by long press the app >tap info>battery also make sure it doesn't run in background and this for any app as Samsung taken the battery optimize out from settings>apps>3 dots upper right corner >battery optimize so u have to go individual apps , screen time out set at 30 seconds, Brightness set to adaptive (automatic) device care I allow apps that haven't been used to be put to sleep , disabled bixby but if u use then leave it , but that's pretty much it

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Pretty good, once u reach 5% it goes really really quick lol that's when I usually charge it back up.

So it ain't just me seeing it fall like a countdown timer then when it hits 5%? Lol. I'm gonna try and charge no later than 10% though there may still be times where I don't get to charge till less than 10% remaining.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So it ain't just me seeing it fall like a countdown timer then when it hits 5%? Lol. I'm gonna tey and charge no layer than 10% though there may still be times where I dont get to charge till less than 10% remaining.
Yeah lol
At 7 % it stays for a bit but dip bellow that run to the charger

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site

Turn mobile data off when you are on wifi, and turn wifi off when you are out and about and need mobile data. Reduce frame rate to 60hz, and keep screen brightness down as much as ya can. And when streaming videos, it seems better to fragment them than to to try to watch a whole block of episodes in one sitting. Instead do 1-2 episodes in one sitting, 1-2 in the next, etc, and you ultimately end up enjoying th3 same amount of content with more battery left to spare. You've already mentioned deep sleeping apps, so you've got that part covered.

Turn off location most of the time unless your in a situation where you really need it, and keep auto sync off most of the time as well. I just set alarms for myself instead to manually sync stuff and my battery seems to like that.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
For display settings FHD I leave it , adaptive screen refresh rate , 60hz you probably could get little more battery , go into resource hog apps like Facebook and make sure it's optimize for battery you can go this by long press the app >tap info>battery also make sure it doesn't run in background and this for any app as Samsung taken the battery optimize out from settings>apps>3 dots upper right corner >battery optimize so u have to go individual apps , screen time out set at 30 seconds, Brightness set to adaptive (automatic) device care I allow apps that haven't been used to be put to sleep , disabled bixby but if u use then leave it , but that's pretty much it

I'm just now seeing this cause I commented about FHD on another post before I saw this one. Thank You! I'm liking this phone so far. I'm leaving it on FHD I did check my Facebook app and battery and it was on restricted I put it to optimize. So go under frequently used apps and set them all to the optimize? And changing from 120 to 60 you won't really notice a difference but you'll save battery I don't even know what mine is on right now it's on the default which I don't know what that is. Thanks

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly the same settings I use except I have WQHD+ on.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm just now seeing this cause I commented about FHD on another post before I saw this one. Thank You! I'm liking this phone so far. I'm leaving it on FHD I did check my Facebook app and battery and it was on restricted I put it to optimize. So go under frequently used apps and set them all to the optimize? And changing from 120 to 60 you won't really notice a difference but you'll save battery I don't even know what mine is on right now it's on the default which I don't know what that is. Thanks
For battery optimize unfortunately you have to go each app by long press >tap info >battery

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
For battery optimize unfortunately you have to go each app by long press >tap info >battery

Thanks I see where you have to do it for each app. So far I just did it for Facebook. But I just got off work from an 8-hour shift and I wasn't on my phone much I'm at 42%. I haven't found it to be worse than my other phone so far so I'm okay with that yesterday I left was 60%. Today I was transferring some stuff from one phone to the other some pictures. But I work in a basement and I forgot to turn off mobile data and it drains the battery searching for signal I think. But I do have Wi-Fi at work and I know somebody said shut off mobile data when you're on Wi-Fi

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks I see where you have to do it for each app. So far I just did it for Facebook. But I just got off work from an 8-hour shift and I wasn't on my phone much I'm at 42%. I haven't found it to be worse than my other phone so far so I'm okay with that yesterday I left was 60%. Today I was transferring some stuff from one phone to the other some pictures. But I work in a basement and I forgot to turn off mobile data and it drains the battery searching for signal I think. But I do have Wi-Fi at work and I know somebody said shut off mobile data when you're on Wi-Fi
Video chats also drain battery fast

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Video chats also drain battery fast

Yeah I don't video chat anymore. Used to use DUO with my dad who passed in December so I'm pretty good there. But I forgot where I went the other night when I optimized FB their were 3 choices and I changed it to optimize battery something I forget now. I thought it was under settings and apps cause I was trying to show my husband and couldn't get it to come up. I just wanted to do it for the apps I use the most. I want to learn more stuff about the s-pen too and what all you can do it's new to me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I don't video chat anymore. Used to use DUO with my dad who passed in December so I'm pretty good there. But I forgot where I went the other night when I optimized FB their were 3 choices and I changed it to optimize battery something I forget now. I thought it was under settings and apps cause I was trying to show my husband and couldn't get it to come up. I just wanted to do it for the apps I use the most. I want to learn more stuff about the s-pen too and what all you can do it's new to me.
Sorry to hear that
If you go to settings>advance features>Spen>scroll to bottom Spen tips it shows some tips

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Further proof that adaptive battery works. Even with a lot of heavy usage of Facebook between taking it off the charger today, and in a 5G zone, this battery has learned how to optimize itself and give ya better life.

4hrs 20 minutes total on the resource hog known as Facebook and still got a full day's use plus 7 hrs Screen on Time goes to show rhat these things do learn and its not fair to judge them after just 4 or 5 days. This is my replacement S22 and it has my usage figured our and is thus optimizing itself accordingly. And yup, this isn't even the + model, it's the regular S22 with the 3700 mAh battery.

Will gladly take this kind of battery performance from this model 24/7/365.

Also attached is further evidence backing up the fact FB is indeed a resource hog, lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220531-122525_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220531-122525_Device care.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20220531-122429_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220531-122429_Device care.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 18

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
What do you all keep the RAM on on the 22 isn't there some new setting now about virtual ram I think we had it on the 21 Ultra but I forgot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12