Trying to root Nexus 7 using Nexus Root Kit?

nexus776

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I already did unlock, and now I pressed root. It brought my tablet to the bootloader screen but I can't control anything with the keys. Nexus Root Kit has been stuck on this message for a while:

Information:
Booting modified boot.img to enable running privileged commands...

What do I do? Did something go wrong or is this step supposed to take an hour?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Booting modified boot.img to enable running privileged commands...

First I'm wondering exactly what this is above that you posted...

Second.. Your unlocked, awesome!

Next you just need to get CWM or TWRP recovery pushed to the device. Once that is done you can flash SuperUser or SuperSU to complete the process of gaining root access.

Which Tool Kit are you using? Wug's is probably one of the most reliable and creditable.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The directions with Wug's Toolkit tell you everything step by step. Normally if something takes too long or freezes up it is because of drivers not installed properly.

pac0naut

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I am having the SAME issue.

I was unlocked / rooted on JB through wugfresh. Then I got the Kit Kat OTA and downloaded it. It broke my root and custom recovery.

Now, after I got Kit kat I decided to root again. Said I was still unlocked, but I kept getting that booting modiied boot image message and it would stick on that. I relocked, re-unlocked, wiped everything and tried again. Still got that message. Now, in fastboot about lock state - unlocked it ALSO says Secure Boot - Enabled in green. I can't get TWRP pushed to it in wugfresh. Do we have to do through ADB?

pac0naut

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Actually, followed sakitech's YouTube video through ADB and it worked. I'd suggest that. Really, really easy even for an ADB nooblet like myself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad