Tunein radio problem

Patrick Williams13

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Running stock and last few days tunein just stops as it's streaming and I have to go back into the app and press play again. Always happens when screen is off. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Running stock and last few days tunein just stops as it's streaming and I have to go back into the app and press play again. Always happens when screen is off. Any ideas?

There could be something wrong with the TuneIn service. Also, I noticed that it recently received an update, and sometimes updates can screw things up.
Try clearing data and force stop the app. If that does not work, clear data, uninstall the app and re-install and see if the problem persists.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have the pro version from the Amazon Appstore, and have noticed it doesn't play well with Bluetooth in my car. No problem with headset, though.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

abk8445

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I just recently have the same problem. 10 days ago, for over a year, I was listening to radio stations for hours. But now, few seconds after the screen goed dark, the station stops. I have searched the settings of both my system and the Tunein. Did not find anything that could solve the isse. I also think that it is the problem of the newest update that screwed up the app. I expressed this to Tunein, but they say the update should be fine. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Go into settings and look at the options for better streaming. I use this app every day without a hitch.

abk8445

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi jfs101,

I cannot see or find "option for better streaming". Could you please let everyone know where to find this option? Maybe this is the key. Thanks.

One thing I found is that when the screen goes off, the device automatically turns the WiFi off, although in the setting it says to stay on WiFi when screen is off. I realized that whenever the screen and WiFi turns off, the device uses Internet and this disconnects tunein Radio. When I turn the screen on, WiFi kicks in and Tunein radio starts to work. I could not find how to prevent switching. I even showed this to the T-Mobile crew who could not figure oure why the device does it. Thanks.

Last edited:

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
There is a setting in the Tunein app to Disable Auto-Lock. Make sure that is checked. This should prevent the stream from stopping when the phone goes to sleep.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi jfs101,

I cannot see or find "option for better streaming". Could you please let everyone know where to find this option? Maybe this is the key. Thanks.

One thing I found is that when the screen goes off, the device automatically turns the WiFi off, although in the setting it says to stay on WiFi when screen is off. I realized that whenever the screen and WiFi turns off, the device uses Internet and this disconnects tunein Radio. When I turn the screen on, WiFi kicks in and Tunein radio starts to work. I could not find how to prevent switching. I even showed this to the T-Mobile crew who could not figure oure why the device does it. Thanks.

Increase the buffer, go for a 30 seconds buffer and you should be sailing smoothly from there on.

myrealtygal

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Nothing wrong with the apps or with bluetooth connection. Every radio app I used quit after a couple of mins, Talk Stream Live, Pandora, SirusXM, iHeart Radio, etc. whether on bluetooth or on Note 5 internal speakers.....frustrating as Hell! Someone on forum suggested to quit "power saving mode",,,,so far no interruptions! THANK YOU!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton