Turn 3G off?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
How do you turn 3G off? I remember with T-Mobile there was an option to force 2G (GSM) only but on the Evo 3D I don't see a way to turn Sprint's Evdo off. Any suggestions?

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Do u mind explaining, why you wanna turn off 3g? Battery lasts me all day on 3g. I don't think there is 2g on cdma. It's just 1x..I really don't think you want that.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can turn the Mobile data off in the ”Quick Settings” and you won't use any mobile data. If you aren't on 4G or WiFi, you will only get phone calls and text messages.

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Pull down your notification screen, tap quick settings, uncheck mobile network. You'll still get your texts and calls, just nothing that relies on 3g, like email and stuff.

Beaten to the punch! :D

-----
Android: It will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Do u mind explaining, why you wanna turn off 3g? Battery lasts me all day on 3g. I don't think there is 2g on cdma. It's just 1x..I really don't think you want that.

If you're on WiFi, there really is no reason to have the mobile network on as well. I tend to turn mine off when I'm at home. Just have to remember to turn it back on when you leave, although it's not something you can easily overlook when you try to use the network. :p

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If you're on WiFi, there really is no reason to have the mobile network on as well. I tend to turn mine off when I'm at home. Just have to remember to turn it back on when you leave, although it's not something you can easily overlook when you try to use the network. :p
it turns off automatically when connected to Wifi. No need to do it manually.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
1xRTT would be the equivalent of 2G for Sprint. It is really 2.5G though and there is no reason I could see to force your phone to use it over 3G

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My reasoning behind turning off the 3G was to boost my signal. With GSM, if you had a poor 3G signal and changed it to 2G you would gain more bars and have a much better signal. At least that was the case with T-Mobile and AT&T. Won't have to worry about this tomorrow when I get my Sprint AIRAVE.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If we had root there is a way to force roaming in which case you could pick up what may or not be a stronger signal but as of now that is not an option.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

it turns off automatically when connected to Wifi. No need to do it manually.

What AZwldcats said, no reason to turn off 3g data when you are on wifi because the 3g radio isnt being used so won't use any juice. You are just making more work for yourself with no real battery savings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967