Turn it off I say...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Clearly there is still an issue with the WIFI on the AT&T version of the HTC One X. Despite the latest update; I just bought my device...

While the WIFI is on, despite using 2.5GHZ, versus auto, data is slow and it doesn't always update voicemail, tweets, Google+, etc.

I turned off WIFI, and instantly things start to work, i.e. I start receiving updates, etc.

ANDROIDinOZ

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I've only experienced one instance of wifi issues and it was localized to that particular router and no others. Maybe the wifi issue is more related to router firmware vs ATT/HTC wifi origins?

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Clearly there is still an issue with the WIFI on the AT&T version of the HTC One X. Despite the latest update; I just bought my device...

While the WIFI is on, despite using 2.5GHZ, versus auto, data is slow and it doesn't always update voicemail, tweets, Google+, etc.

I turned off WIFI, and instantly things start to work, i.e. I start receiving updates, etc.

I had a lot of problems with WiFi when I had it set to disconnect when screen is off. When I went back to "always" WiFi started working flawlessly.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm in the same boat as the OP I have a ton of issues with my wifi, but it's mainly when I get just a bit away from my router that I start seeing issues.

It will drop signal and reconnect a few times, it will show i have good signal and then I get no data coming through. If I then turn off wifi things come through.

I am on a belkin router.

Also we have everything else here at home on wifi, my desktop computer, laptop, ipad, wife's phone and no problems with any of them.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

Did I miss the memo about 2.5ghz? Is there some issue here?

The specs say it should work for all Wi-Fi: 2.4/5.0GHz, 802.11a/b/g/n

Is your router capable of both bands? Some routers try to hand off from 2.4 to 5.0, if the client side device advertises that it can handle this. And some ignore this and try to hand off anyway. This might be an issue for older devices, but it shouldn't be an issue for your HTC.

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Did I miss the memo about 2.5ghz? Is there some issue here?

The specs say it should work for all Wi-Fi: 2.4/5.0GHz, 802.11a/b/g/n

Is your router capable of both bands? Some routers try to hand off from 2.4 to 5.0, if the client side device advertises that it can handle this. And some ignore this and try to hand off anyway. This might be an issue for older devices, but it shouldn't be an issue for your HTC.

I don't know, I have 5GHz turned off on my router, so I am only broadcasting 2.4

The Kernel

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing this is a hardware problem on limited handsets (probably first batch). If it wasn't, we wouldn't have so many conflicting stories on this issue.

For the record, I just received my HOX a few days ago, post-Customs issues, and I've barely had any issues with WiFi: I'm actually impressed at how strong the signal is!

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing this is a hardware problem on limited handsets (probably first batch). If it wasn't, we wouldn't have so many conflicting stories on this issue.

For the record, I just received my HOX a few days ago, post-Customs issues, and I've barely had any issues with WiFi: I'm actually impressed at how strong the signal is!

ya, that's what I'm afraid of. I got mine on release day, so for sure one of the first and past my 30 days, so this would have to go back to HTC if it is a hardware issue. I'm still holding out to see if a future software update can correct this...

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely no issues here connecting to my apple airport extreme router on the 2.4 or 5 GHz bands. Everything has been flawless on 1.85 and the previous software version.

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely no issues here connecting to my apple airport extreme router on the 2.4 or 5 GHz bands. Everything has been flawless on 1.85 and the previous software version.

Same setup for me. Works great with no issues at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO