Turning off Native Notifications

VTsnow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Nooooob here, searched back a few pages, but couldn't find anything that specifically matched for the Evo Shift 4G.

Long story short, I am using "chomp sms" for my messaging, but get the double notifications. I know you have to go into menu's to turn off "native notifications" but have NO idea how.

I am a text, and phone call only phone transplant, and have only had my shift for a week now. Totally dumb on the thing, but slowly learning....

Can anyone give me a walk through on how to turn the native notifications off so I only receive one notification (chomp)?

Thanks for any help. And once again sorry if this is already a thread for the shift, couldn't find it, thread title system didn't either....

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
open your native messaging app, hit menu > settings > scroll to notifications and there should be an option to uncheck notifications.

marayuh

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Do you know how to REVERSE this?
I installed Chomp, and did everything above; but I don't like it. So I uninstalled it, but now I don't know how to make the messaging app my native app again. I go to settings, but it only shows the storage settings.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Turn the notifications back on the same way you turned them off.. You may also need to go into to settings > Applications > messaging > clear default.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you know how to REVERSE this?
I installed Chomp, and did everything above; but I don't like it. So I uninstalled it, but now I don't know how to make the messaging app my native app again. I go to settings, but it only shows the storage settings.

You might want to give GO SMS Pro a try. It's free on the Market, and works great, just like all the GO products. Lots of options to personalize.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bred Denon