Two Questions on my Galaxy Phone: Reminder Widget and on Google Alarm setting

thomasmd77

Mar 14, 2021
Visit site
Hey gang, I have two questions. Hopefully someone can answer.

A little background I switch from iPhone to galaxy S21 max phone a few weeks back. Still trying to figure out some things on it. Here are my questions

1) is there a reminder widget that actually looks at the Google Reminders instead of their own.

For example, I would say "hey Google set reminder for Monday at 9:45 AM for dental appointment." The reminder would be set but when I try to look for a widget to see my reminders at a quick glance I cannot find any that look at the reminders in Google. They all seem to have their own set of reminders where you need to set it in their application. It would be nice if I could get those reminders on the lock screen too.

I have been using Google Calendar Events now which is a pain because it wants me to verify it with a "Yes" on any event I set.

2) the other issue I have, when I say "hey Google set alarm for 6 AM". It works great alarm set at 6 AM. But a lot of times I wake up before then. And when I say "hey Google turn off alarm" it says you can do that in the app and pops up the app where I need to scroll through and find alarm and to turn off.

These are simple things. I'm sure that there is a workaround for this.

Any answers appreciated. Thanks

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
As for the reminder the only way I know of to see, remove or adjust them through assistant is by having assistant add the event to your calendar.

Saying, hey google, remind me to take the trash out Friday at 4pm. Creates a reminder in the assistant program but so far as I know there's no way to see that reminder or adjust it.

Saying, hey google, add a reminder to my calendar to take the trash out on Friday at 4pm. Adds an actual reminder to your account that you can open your calendar and see.

As for the alarm that's the only way I know. If there list gets too long you can always keep it cleared out of useless and unneeded items so there's less scrolling but we're not quite to the star trek days of smart computers but every year gets us a little closer.

Best wishes

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! To cancel your alarm, say "Hey Google, cancel upcoming alarm." I had set my alarm for 7 AM tomorrow morning, and this Google Assistant command turned it off without having to open the app myself.

Keep in mind, though, that this will actually DELETE the alarm rather than just turning off the toggle, so you'll have to create the alarm again next time you want it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey gang, I have two questions. Hopefully someone can answer.

A little background I switch from iPhone to galaxy S21 max phone a few weeks back. Still trying to figure out some things on it. Here are my questions

1) is there a reminder widget that actually looks at the Google Reminders instead of their own.

For example, I would say "hey Google set reminder for Monday at 9:45 AM for dental appointment." The reminder would be set but when I try to look for a widget to see my reminders at a quick glance I cannot find any that look at the reminders in Google. They all seem to have their own set of reminders where you need to set it in their application. It would be nice if I could get those reminders on the lock screen too.

I have been using Google Calendar Events now which is a pain because it wants me to verify it with a "Yes" on any event I set.

2) the other issue I have, when I say "hey Google set alarm for 6 AM". It works great alarm set at 6 AM. But a lot of times I wake up before then. And when I say "hey Google turn off alarm" it says you can do that in the app and pops up the app where I need to scroll through and find alarm and to turn off.

These are simple things. I'm sure that there is a workaround for this.

Any answers appreciated. Thanks
For reminder Samsung has its own in settings>notification >advanced
4cc36dde4b2cbf8693cd9be0fca83417.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332