Two questions

tlorp

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Just to preface; sorry if these have been asked already, I tried searching the forums and didn't find an answer.

First question is I was wondering if there is a way to lower the month to month payment once your contract ends, since the phone subsidy has been paid off. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to manage this.

Also I was reading around and read that for share everything plans any monthly discounts you have are only applied to the data portion of the bill only, and not the base phone charges. Is this true? Right now I have 15% off my entire monthly bill and switching to the new plans would lose me money.

Thanks for your time!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can move to a verizon prepaid plan, these plans do not include a subsidy. Note that it may not be cheaper, in my case it isn't. Also you can't use 4GLTE phones on prepaid.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

tlorp

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, moving plans isn't necessary for me. My contract has run its course and everything is still the same just that I'm not bound by a contract anymore. I was just wondering if there was a way to lower the monthly cost since the contract cost includes the phone subsidy but since the contract is up the subsidy should be paid off. I'd rather not switch anything since I still have unlimited data grandfathered.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Just to clarify, moving plans isn't necessary for me. My contract has run its course and everything is still the same just that I'm not bound by a contract anymore. I was just wondering if there was a way to lower the monthly cost since the contract cost includes the phone subsidy but since the contract is up the subsidy should be paid off. I'd rather not switch anything since I still have unlimited data grandfathered.

No. Verizon does not reduce the monthly price when your subsidy is paid off.

Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.

tlorp

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Good to know. Thanks for the reply. And for anyone else wondering I spoke to a Verizon rep, they confirmed that the discount only applies to the data charge for the new share everything plans.