Typing issue with Android 9

Krishna999

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I just got myself an Android 9 phone, moto one macro, nice phone overall so far. But with the Android 9 system, there's something that I must admit I find really annoying :(:mad: and don't really understand why it even exists :(:mad:. I type something (or perhaps not) on, say, WhatsApp and then some white box with old messages/text I've previously typed appears, like even paragraphs long etc. Honestly, what is all this about? How do disable/get rid of it for good? Screenshot attached.

Screenshot_20200522-113930.jpg

Krishna999

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Did you turn anything on in accessibility menu or developer option?

For developer options, unfamiliar territory for me, haven't been there so far on this phone yet.
For the accessibility menu, I think I may have with one app called Clipboard Actions. I just went to the accessbililty menu and I can see that at the top, under Downloaded services, it says 2 apps there are which are On - Clipboard Actions and Nova Launcher.

Krishna999

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Ok turn clipboard action off see if it goes away

Omg it worked ! Genius ! You smashed it !!! Thanks so much mate ! Really appreciate it :D

So, the app is the issue, is it ? It needs to be taken off, correct ? Any alternatives that work ? You hopefully know the app, Clipboard Actions, I can swipe down from top to see notifications and there I see Clipboard Actions strip saying what's on my clipboard and shortcuts to do with it like share on WhatsApp, open link etc

Krishna999

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Hmmmmm, there's a chance the app may work out still (i.e. I still see it on notifications) despite it switched off on accessibility menu, will just have to see...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Omg it worked ! Genius ! You smashed it !!! Thanks so much mate ! Really appreciate it :D

So, the app is the issue, is it ? It needs to be taken off, correct ? Any alternatives that work ? You hopefully know the app, Clipboard Actions, I can swipe down from top to see notifications and there I see Clipboard Actions strip saying what's on my clipboard and shortcuts to do with it like share on WhatsApp, open link etc
Your welcome!

Krishna999

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
You might have to uninstall the app completely
Oh God :(. The Clipboard Actions app is decent and nice, I get to see what's currently on the clipboard and also it has features like share on WhatsApp, open link etc. But the typing issue is more important, so will keep it switched off in accessibility menu, probably soon uninstalled actually like you said (as otherwise, I don't think there's any point in having the app show an old clipboard item in notifications)...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh God :(. The Clipboard Actions app is decent and nice, I get to see what's currently on the clipboard and also it has features like share on WhatsApp, open link etc. But the typing issue is more important, so will keep it switched off in accessibility menu, probably soon uninstalled actually like you said (as otherwise, I don't think there's any point in having the app show an old clipboard item in notifications)...
Or maybe try different app that's similar wont cause this issue.