UC browser issue

brewsterr

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
If I go to google play and click on "my apps" my uc browser app is not listed. Not only that, but if I do a search on.google play for "uc browser" it doesn't show up either! The uc classic shows up but not mine. Any ideas?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Can you check to see if you can find it on the Play Store using a web browser? If you can, make sure it says that it is still compatible with your device.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
If it suddenly says it is incompatible, you could see if it is on Getjar or the Amazon App Store, or use the APK Downloader extension for Chrome to grab it.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
its not on play store that i can find. uc browser or uc browser 8 just yields the classic version. uc has either pulled it from download or google has.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

brewsterr

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
APP IS SUSPENDED BY GOOGLE!

Got that from a google rep. I haven't been using it due to paranoia but it's by far the best browser for my unit. I can't use chrome. And I have all those favorites... Also troubled that UC didn't respond to my email when they usually do so quickly.

She didn't know the basis for the suspension. I was concerned about the safety of my phone but she couldn't help me there. She sent me an email linked to where I can submit a report and someone will look into it.

Do you think I should uninstall it for safety reasons?

brewsterr

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Bleep that. Trying to find info on UC to fill out form I go to the google play page - again - and now using this Boat browser I see this message under the icon: This app is incompatible with your LGE VM670.

So much for the suspension story I guess.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I was going to say, when I replied to your post I saw it in the Market just fine. Were you ever able to get it again?

brewsterr

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Not the uc browser on my phone. (The classic is there.) Doesn't show up in google play, nor in "my apps." It used to be there not long ago... The only real fallout is that there won't be any updates for it. Thanks again.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
the same thing happened with miren browser. i thought it was superior to even opera mobile which has become bug riddled trash. but something wasn't right about miren or it wouldn't have been pulled. i stopped using any of the chinese apps. i dont trust them.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought I understood that. When I search for UC Browser in Play I get both the Classic version along with the standard UC Browser. I downloaded the standard one which is the apk I linked above. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
That works too. The one I posted is version 8 from the market which appeared just fine for me. I tried their website first and it just sent me back to Play, guess I didn't hit the right button, lol. Either way, it's here for you to grab if you want it, OP.

brewsterr

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks much. I'm confused. I hit the site and get the message for my unit I need to download the version on my phone already and using now. The one thing that's really bad about it is when you have to write with it. Worse than all the others.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy