"ufortunately messaging has stopped" sharp aquos crystal phone

gonzgonzalez

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I am unable to send or receive pictures via the pre-installed sms messaging app on my sharp aquos crystal phone. I tried a hard reset, I cleared the cache, data, force stop, and even tried to install alternative sms apps such as evolve, textra, and chomp but all seem to encounter the same problem, no pictures are able to get sent in or out without the error message popping up and saying "unfortunately messaging has stopped." Sprint blames Sharp, Sharp blames Sprint, and I'm caught in the middle. Can someone please help me with this issue? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

signalese

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I've been having the exact same problem for about a week, and tried the same things with no luck. Just took to nearest sprint store after seeing this, and they didn't help at all. I showed them this thread, and they still insisted on blaming Sharp. Gonzgonzalez, can you let me know how you fixed this? Is there a # you called, did you bring the phone to a Sprint store? Would really appreciate your help!

aprilsunshine

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here. Frustrating. Anyone know how to fix it?

Edit: I just deleted all of my messages and now I'm not having the problem anymore.

Last edited:

irishobo

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Alright found the answer. Type ##72786# Then click yes. This will NOT deleted any data. The phone will restart and re-provision. After this picture messaging will work again!

BTW deleting the messages did not work for me.

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I've tried everything listed here and nothing has worked. It happened once before and I called Boost. Started working after that. I don't really want to have to call them every time. Any suggestions?

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
You do it like making a call. Does a data refresh. Sadly that didn't work for me. I had to do a factory reset. Completely wiped out everything and start over.

Kevin Stober

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I did the reset ..Typed in the dial ##72786# Then click yes ..and it fixed the problem, but had to wait a half day for the system to activate my phone back.
But this does work, after the fact i tried to delete all the messages, which didn't work.

Rick Keerikoolparn

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Everything went well and while until during bootup it says "Unfortunately Initial Setup has stopped".
It tries to provision setup and comes back with an "Initial setup error".

When try sending an image it says "Device is not programmed, please wait" and after a while it says "ufortunately messaging has stopped"

aure84

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Alright found the answer. Type ##72786# Then click yes. This will NOT deleted any data. The phone will restart and re-provision. After this picture messaging will work again!

BTW deleting the messages did not work for me.

I started getting the error message a few weeks ago. I tried everything, then finally reset my phone to factory settings. I had to reinstall everything, but my MMS texting started working again. So it was worth it,... until it started doing it again today. Everytime I would scroll into a text that had a picture or file, the program would suddenly close. I was using Messenger (Stock), then downloaded Messaging Google and tried that. Still would not send. I just tried ##72786# that IRISHOBO said to do and it worked. My Sharp phone restarted a few times, but eventually came back up and I was able to send and receive MMS messages again. Not sure for how long, so it would be nice to find out what is causing this.

aprilsunshine

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I previously replied that deleting my messages fixed the problem. It did, for about a day, and then the problem started again. I've been reading reviews and a ton of people are complaining about this. :(