ugly branded home button is no more!

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Nice. I actually put on the same home button on Saturday night. Mines white and I also used the silver one. They are easy to put on but a little trick I learned was to use scotch tape. It makes lining it up much easier.

I ended up taking my flip cover off. It didn't work well with the button and it was a pain since I take a lot of photos.

secondandonly

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Spigen doesn't recommend the buttons to be used with a flip case. I have a noreve case with a deep indent for the home button and it's working fine. I also believe that some of the devs are considering building a mod into the roms that disable home button wake on lock screen.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
There is someone selling vinyl stickers in white, black carbon fiber and I think he is working on Titanium grey. Less than $1 each, you can find it over in the xda-developers accessory section for the GN2

secondandonly

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
much ado about nothing...
I don't even see or notice it. it's just a freaking button folks!

This conversation escalated in another forum. This is the last reply I made there.

"Do any of you consider what this leads to though? You know how TV stations have a constant logo in the bottom right corner of every show?

Stuff like that isn't just introduced automatically, they work up to it to soften the blow. First you might of seen a flash on the screen, then the first five seconds, then it's constant. Now you'll even see animations in the bottom right that are getting larger and larger and full color little movies of characters doing stuff in the corner while your show plays.

If you don't speak to something like inappropriate home button branding early, it leads to a little verizon logo in the corner of your phone. Then your phone's activity is prompted with a 7 second commercial if you want to open your settings menu.

You guys can laugh and scoff at what you perceive as ridiculous, but the potential is there. It will build gradually and the lot of you that defend the branding now, will be wondering what could have been done to stop it coming to that point when it's at its worst.

That's all I'm trying to get across. It doesn't hurt anything to fight verizon on this now to stop it potentially getting worse."