Unable to add contacts

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
When I go to the phone app and try to either add a new contact from the recents list or just press + from the contacts app I get the following contacts screen for a second or 2 and then it just closes. There is no error pop up that Contacts has stopped responding.

AddContactFromRecents.JPG

I have done a cache partition wipe. Also cleared cache and data in the Contacts app. All the searching I have done involve popups that Contacts has stopped responding. I hope someone can help.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unable to add contacts from Phone app

Go to Settings>Apps, tap Phone, then Permissions. Does it have Contacts permission?

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

Yeah. I can read contacts and edit them fine from the phone app. I actually get the same problem if I open contacts independantly and press +

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

Yeah. I can read contacts and edit them fine from the phone app. I actually get the same problem if I open contacts independantly and press +

Are you using the stock calling app? also do you have the stock contacts app enabled and not frozen/disabled? I use google contacts and had issues when I had the stock contacts app disabled. Just a thought.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

Definitely. Just one Phone app and one Contacts app that came with the phone.
Contacts-Phone.JPG