Unable to get apps to launch on Huawei Watch after AW 2.0 update

neodoc427

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello, everyone:

I got my Hawei watch over a year ago and I've been very pleased with how it works with my Nexus 6P phone. Up until the software upgrade to AW 2.0, I could launch apps, such as Fit, Messages, etc., by swiping on the watch face. Now, when I swipe right or left, it wants to switch watch faces. When I swipe down, I get the choice of an open cogwheel (Settings) or a closed cogwheel (Brightness), and that's it. If I tap on the open cogwheel, and then tap on Apps on the following list, I get a list of available apps, but tapping on each one only takes me to the next screen, in which I get choices like Uninstall, Force stop, Permissions, etc, but the app doesn't launch. Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I can't open any apps any more on this watch. By the way, it does receive and display phone calls, text messages and other notifications only when they come in, and my bluetooth connection to the phone is active. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

808Mobi

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello, everyone:

I got my Hawei watch over a year ago and I've been very pleased with how it works with my Nexus 6P phone. Up until the software upgrade to AW 2.0, I could launch apps, such as Fit, Messages, etc., by swiping on the watch face. Now, when I swipe right or left, it wants to switch watch faces. When I swipe down, I get the choice of an open cogwheel (Settings) or a closed cogwheel (Brightness), and that's it. If I tap on the open cogwheel, and then tap on Apps on the following list, I get a list of available apps, but tapping on each one only takes me to the next screen, in which I get choices like Uninstall, Force stop, Permissions, etc, but the app doesn't launch. Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I can't open any apps any more on this watch. By the way, it does receive and display phone calls, text messages and other notifications only when they come in, and my bluetooth connection to the phone is active. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I can access my apps by one quick press on the side button.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abventz