Unable to install OTA 4.1

sh1bby69

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted and unlocked VZW GNexus and received the OTA notice. I haven't been able to install the upgrade. I get an android with a red triangle and exclamation sign. Please help me out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

familia5az

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you figure this out ? I posted a similar thread which no one chose to help......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You both are seeing that error because you have a custom recovery (which you used to root). You can flash the stock recovery following the Factory Restore thread (just read for the part that has you flash the recovery) or by using Wugs toolkit to flash it for you.
:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

familia5az

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I used Wugs to flash stock recovery. Unfortunately still getting red triangle when trying to install Ota. Thanks for your help!

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
When you run a custom recovery you go to revert back before the update as the update.zip is designed specifically for the stock recovery image to modify it WHEN YOU RUN OTA WITH A CUSTOM ONE IT'S INCOMPATIBLE DUE TO IT's NOT COMPILED FOR THAT SET OF BINARIES SO YOU BASICALLY SCREWED IT UP

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

familia5az

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
So are we needing to install custom recovery then flash update zip or stock recovery then take ota? The last 2 posts seem to be conflicting. As I understand we need to be stock recovery to take ota. However, we are getting red triangle error when installing ota with stock recovery. It seems that there are system files that have been changed after flashing custom recovery that are not reverting back once we have flashed stock recovery thus preventing installation of ota regardless if stock recovery is installed. Appreciate any ideas helping us work through this.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So are we needing to install custom recovery then flash update zip or stock recovery then take ota? The last 2 posts seem to be conflicting. As I understand we need to be stock recovery to take ota. However, we are getting red triangle error when installing ota with stock recovery. It seems that there are system files that have been changed after flashing custom recovery that are not reverting back once we have flashed stock recovery thus preventing installation of ota regardless if stock recovery is installed. Appreciate any ideas helping us work through this.

I have a guide in the general forum. Read that :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45