Unable to open "Power usage details" on an App

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello there - I own a P30 Pro (VOG-L29) which is on Build 12.0.0.134

If I go to Settings>Apps>Apps>and click on any app, I get the App info screen for that particular app.

I can then access all options for that App such as notifications, permissions. etc.

However when I click on "Power usage details", it doesn't open up anything.

If I try to open the "Battery Optimisation" by searching it in my Phone settings, I can't see any apps listed.

I am trying to change "power setting" for a specific app so that it can always run the background. But I am not able to do it because of the above.

Can someone help me understand why can't I access the power usage details? Or is there another way for me to allow a specific app to always run in the background.

Look forward to your responses.

Best,
JT

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the P30 Pro forum for more specific traffic.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Go back to battery optimization and try clicking where it says not optimized. You should be able to choose all apps. Also in app info click on mobile data & wifi and make sure background data is enabled.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Also I'm curious what makes you think you need to enable the app to always run in the background? Is the app not working correctly? Usually apps are able to use background data unless you specifically disable it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton