Unable to read books in Barnes and Noble

steveymacjr

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing issues where the "read in store" feature does not work on a rooted Nook Color?

The way the feature is supposed to work, is when you are on Barnes and Noble's wifi network you are able to read a book for one hour, for free... only certain books support this, and they are noted..
However this does not work for me... all I have is a rooted Nook Color, no froyo, just rooted...

Whenever I tapped on the "read in store" link, i'd get a message that the book was downloading, but it actually wasn't, there fore I wasn't able to read the book...

I know it was my device, because a test unit was able to download the books...

I'd really like to have this feature back, without unrooting my device..so any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

steveymacjr

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
well crud... i wonder if it can be fixed :-/
I can't do the honeycomb from SD card because my card needs me to enter a password when doing it(Class ten)...

cclautti

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
i found that buying books and what not form the nook stock apps stopped working after rooting, was kinda pissed, then i found out that if you go to nook color tools, click on the second (middle) wireless settings soft button and click on continue with setup, after that i could buy, download, read books from B&N, try that and see if that works

steveymacjr

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
i found that buying books and what not form the nook stock apps stopped working after rooting, was kinda pissed, then i found out that if you go to nook color tools, click on the second (middle) wireless settings soft button and click on continue with setup, after that i could buy, download, read books from B&N, try that and see if that works

I'll try that, but I haven't had a problem purchasing stuff...
Btw,i have the latest update (1.1.0) and its still not working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delhi