Unable to send/receive MMS while connected to home WiFi

Geohorse

May 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently purchased a new Galaxy S10e directly from AT&T. It worked for a few weeks until I suddenly can not send or receive MMS while I am at home. I have not changed anything with my phone or the account - it suddenly stopped working. If I am out running errands or at work, MMS works just fine. If I am connected to my home WiFi, picture texts are stuck in sending for 10-12 minutes until they finally fail to send. I am also unable to receive MMS while on my home WiFi - a length of time goes by after another person tries sending me a picture text and I will receive a notification on my phone "Can't Receive MMS." I use Textra as my texting app but it does not work on my stock messaging app or any other third party app I have tried to download just to test this out. If I turn off WiFi, MMS works. Part of me feels it's my router but I bought it less than a year ago, so I would think it should be fine. I do have a Microcell which I am connected to but if I power the Microcell off while still connected to my home WiFi this makes no difference either. Turning WiFi calling on/off also renders no difference. I am able to connect to and browse the internet just fine and can send/receive SMS without issue, but the MMS refuses to work correctly. I do have mobile data turned on as well. I have been on AT&T chat multiple times and everyone seems to think this is a new issue and I'm the only one with this problem, therefore I'm not getting anywhere on getting this fixed. I was sent a new SIM card, did a factory reset on my phone, and received a new phone under warranty and I am still having problems sending/receiving MMS. Has anyone experienced this issue before or have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

blazers88

May 9, 2019
Visit site
This is not a Textra issue - I cannot send or receive MMS with any texting app, not even the stock messaging app.

Does it work if you’re connected to another WiFi network at a friends house or something? Sounds like an odd problem to have from a Home WiFi network

Kickingfox

Dec 8, 2019
Visit site
I wasn't able to send pictures. Tried everything I could think of, everything others suggested. Started the process of elimination, turned off 'data saver' then sent picture. It sent.
I then turned off and on my phone, did soft reset and such. Sent another picture, still working.
Hope this will benefit others.