uninstall 4.2.2 update

LStahl78

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way besides factory reset to uninstall the new update? It makes my Tab 2 10.1 run very slow. My son's Tab 2 7inch won't play some of the games now either. His was updated automatically and I used Kies for mine.

Well I guess a factory reset is only going to reset my device settings not my software.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

SG Tab 2 user

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried clearing the cache but get an error message, and the tab reboots.
The final straw broke....4.2.2 killed my ability to stream to my tv's!!!!
I'm going to revert to factory settings, Hate to lose alot of stuff but im fed up with 4.2.2

toolman2003

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
My tab2 has slowed down considerably since the update not to mention the restarting every time I shut it down. I used to enjoy using it but not so much now .If samsung doesn't do something quick I just may jump ship and head the apple way.

Posted via Android Central App

yoshikun1980

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone actually read the question originally posted?
Is there a way to remove the 4.2.2 update? I think the update writes to the factory system image as well, so a factory reset would only refresh the update and delete all user files, apps, etc. Is this correct?
I'm trying to root my device (Galaxy Note 3, updated yesterday to 4.2.2) and all the tutorials I've read and seen work perfectly, don't include 4.2.2.

editionfws

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone actually read the question originally posted?
Is there a way to remove the 4.2.2 update? I think the update writes to the factory system image as well, so a factory reset would only refresh the update and delete all user files, apps, etc. Is this correct?
I'm trying to root my device (Galaxy Note 3, updated yesterday to 4.2.2) and all the tutorials I've read and seen work perfectly, don't include 4.2.2.

your note 3 is only on 4.2.2? Mine is 4.3 and many are 4.4. But you can use kingo. Alot of people dont like it because its past history, but its safe to use now.

mickmccall66

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I read the original question. No, I haven't found a way to uninstall the update. Mine does exactly as you said, refreshes to the update and wipes everything i want to keep. You are not alone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeeba