Unknown picture appeared on phone app

tfmeier

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
Made a phone call from my HTC10 to a number I never called before and an unknown picture appeared on the top part of the dialer where the contact photo usually appears.

It's a picture I have not taken nor seen in the Photos app before.

I have received a call from an unknown number today and the same picture appeared again.

Anyone got a clue why this happened and what to do about it?

Thanks guys

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was the number you called a business number or a personal contact? Was the call you received from the unknown number completely unrelated to the first call?

tfmeier

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was the number you called a business number or a personal contact? Was the call you received from the unknown number completely unrelated to the first call?
Thanks for the response. I called a business number (landline) and the call I received was from a mobile and completely unrelated to the first call. In fact I found out today that the 3 digits to Tue message bank also displays the same picture... Really weird

tfmeier

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
Tried all these options incl wiping the cache partition... Picture still there... May have to resort to a new install which I'm not particularly excited about. Is there any way to trace a picture shown in the phone app back to a file name?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you show us the image, or is it unpleasant or inappropriate? Just wondering if someone here might recognize where it's from.

tfmeier

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
Not at all. Its actually a pleasant picture but don't want to have to justify to my partner that I don't know this person nor ever received this pix

a78526b7d95bb71f4245554e7a0da79b.jpg

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a non-standard dialing app? If so, the app may allow for the remote caller to set their own contact pic and that's what you are seeing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk