Unlock code not working in Galaxy S3 Android 4.4.2

rezat

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I searched the Internet but could not find the answer for my question and I think here is the best place for getting the answer.
My “Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999V” is locked to Wind Mobile ( Carrier ) in Canada by ordering & paying 30 $ +Tax I got the code from WIND web site but the unlock code did not work. During the past two month I called the company several times , they just told me “It takes times and we have to check the code with your phone manufacturer !”. I called Samsung, they answered they did not lock it and Wind company locked the phone and they can not do any thing about it .
I went to some mobile shops they told ,the phone is upgraded to Android version 4.4.2( Kit Kat) so it is the reason.
What do you think ?Is it the really the reason ?Do you think third party unlock code will work? Do I have to Root or Downgrade the phone?
Thanks

markleys

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey rezat,
I am experiencing the same issue with the Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 from Fido in Canada.
Fido admitted to me that they can not offer any solution for this problem.
Did you find a different way to unlock your device?
Thanks

markleys

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I was able to unlock my Fido SGH-I747M running Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the unlock code provided by Fido.
However an error message was displayed upon entering the unlock code in the appearing prompt when a foreign SIM Card is inserted.

In order to successfully unlock the phone, this had to be done firstly:
1. Make sure that wifi and flight mode is turned off
2. Go to the Dial pad and dial *#197328640#
3. Click on number [1] UMTS > [1] Debug screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] NETWORK LOCK
4. You will see 3 options
5. Please click on number [1] Perso Sha256 INFO, the screen will change slightly
6. Please hit the MENU button then when the menu pops up please carefully hit BACK to return to the previous screen
7. Please click on number [2] Perso Sha256 ON, the screen will change again to a one line message
8. Restart the phone on the screen by holding the power button and click RESTART
9. Reattempt to enter the code
10. Now the phone is supposed to accept the unlock code.

These instructions have been published on the ebay by the member jmsobrino.
I hope this method will resolve your phone's issue as well :)

phreakk36

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I enter *#197329640# and nothing happens on my galaxy S3 running android 4.4.2, yet when i enter the "code" on my galaxy S2 running android 4.1.2, I get the menu....... any thoughts?

Last edited:

sherwan

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I searched the Internet but could not find the answer for my question and I think here is the best place for getting the answer.
My “Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999V” is locked to Wind Mobile ( Carrier ) in Canada by ordering & paying 30 $ +Tax I got the code from WIND web site but the unlock code did not work. During the past two month I called the company several times , they just told me “It takes times and we have to check the code with your phone manufacturer !”. I called Samsung, they answered they did not lock it and Wind company locked the phone and they can not do any thing about it .
I went to some mobile shops they told ,the phone is upgraded to Android version 4.4.2( Kit Kat) so it is the reason.
What do you think ?Is it the really the reason ?Do you think third party unlock code will work? Do I have to Root or Downgrade the phone?
Thanks

Yes

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

neovin46

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Thank you very much it worked perfectly on Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 (android 4.4.2) locked on AT&T USA. It was not working with the code AT&T provided before this manipulation and it is now OK !

Sushil Kaushik

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Thank you very much it worked perfectly on Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 (Android 4.4.2 - I had upgraded it from 4.1.2) locked on AT&T USA. It was not working with directly entering the code , AT&T provided before this manipulation. Me and AT&T tech support already tried 5+ times. I thought its now locked permanently with AT&T and I will not be able to use it with my T-Mobile SIM, now. But I tried the steps exactly as mentioned by user "markleys", after entering the code "*#197328640#" and it worked in very first attempt.

markleys - thank you so much again :)

Sush

F Vukaj

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!! worked on my note 2 4.2.2 i paid $40 for the unlock code from the company and it did not work i thought i was out 40 $ thanks for this

Vickie Howell

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I was able to unlock my Fido SGH-I747M running Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the unlock code provided by Fido.
However an error message was displayed upon entering the unlock code in the appearing prompt when a foreign SIM Card is inserted.

3. Click on number [1] UMTS > [1] Debug screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] NETWORK LOCK
5. Please click on number [1] Perso Sha256 INFO, the screen will change slightly
6. Please hit the MENU button then when the menu pops up please carefully hit BACK to return to the previous screen
7. Please click on number [2] Perso Sha256 ON, the screen will change again to a one line message
8. Restart the phone on the screen by holding the power button and click RESTART

These instructions have been published on the ebay by the member jmsobrino.
I hope this method will resolve your phone's issue as well :)

Thank you so much, I was literally on the verge of rooting this phone just to downgrade the modem. Damn AT&T code wasn't working, but after this it did its job! I owe you a beer fine sir!

MOHAR

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S3 Android 4.4.2 at&t want unlock code

Hi everyone,

but i dont have unlock code for my phone
imei is[redacted by Mod]

please send unlock code for my mobile phonr

ancient_wizard

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I would like to add my thanks.
This procedure worked wonderfully on the first try.
I had been fighting this for a couple weeks with numerous calls to
AT&T and one call to Samsung.
Now the phone is unlocked ... Thanks so much

Ancient_Wizard

Bruno Andraos

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I would like to add my thanks.
This procedure worked wonderfully on the first try.
I had been fighting this for a couple weeks with numerous calls to
AT&T and one call to Samsung.
Now the phone is unlocked ... Thanks so much

Ancient_Wizard

I infortunately have not had the same luck, i tried quite a few methods online and nothing seems to be working. I have gotten two different unlock codes to try to unlock this s3 from bell and no luck. Its got 4.4.2 ..im wonfering if anyone would be willing to help me please?

Quinthas

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey man thank so much for sharing your win with us and not running off to enjoy it alone, I appreciate it very much as I'm sure many more will too. God bless and Godspeed! to you

cyberclick

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
hi I received an unlock code as well for my note 2 on 4.4.2. , two time said unsuccessful, then I tried the steps here then tried again, then worked, now my note 2 is unlocked, thank you!!

brecknichols

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Well, markleys (I hope I remembered that correctly!)...

That worked!!!
And so helpful that I felt like it would be immoral to simply go on my merry way without thanking you.
Also, I thought it would be really selfish to not lend some credibility to your post, for the sake of others trying to resolve this problem.
So I created an account with androidcentral.com just to say thank you.

Have an AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 with Android 4.4.2 and had AT&T service for over 2 years.
No complaints. Lost my job. Lost my cell phone service. Bought a T-Mobile SIM for Bring Your Own Phone plan.
Requested and received an unlock code from AT&T, but it didn't work.
3 attempts failed. Only 2 more to go before risking permanent lock with AT&T.
AT&T customer service gave me the standard procedure which does not work
1. Power off the device, remove the battery, and insert a non-AT&T SIM card.
2. Re-insert the battery and power on the device with non-AT&T SIM.
3. The device displays” Enter the device unlock code.”
4. Enter the unlock code.
5. Press OK.

Which, I repeat does not work

Follow these instructions exactly as written from markleys and please take the time and trouble to thank him(her)

ivegariopedre

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Greetings from Puerto Rico, I'm trying to found and unlock code for my Samsung Galaxy S3, sgh-i747, att&t carrier, my imei is [redacted by Mod]. I appreciate your help. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey