unlocked nexus 6 on Amazon

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I have seen a few listings on Amazon for a Nexus 6 from Motorola and it says unlocked phones will only work on gsm carriers. I though the Nexus 6 works on all networks?

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon. Bought a like new one that said the same thing. Put my SIM in it, was working within 30 seconds. You're golden..

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure you buy it from someone legit and not a 3rd party. On Amazon it's sometimes easy to accidentally buy from a less than reputable source.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Just make sure you buy it from someone legit and not a 3rd party. On Amazon it's sometimes easy to accidentally buy from a less than reputable source.
I agree even watch out for the 3rd party sellers on Amazon as they have the nerve to sell the European version of the phone which can't get LTE in the states only that horrible useless HSPA 3G which is not worth anything. Buy from Amazon or the Google Play store and pay the sales tax.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I have been reading up on this and from what i have read the big issue is first time activation on Verizon can be a pain. If you already have an activated sim then you can pop it in no problem. Try to activate a new sim is where the issue will be from what I have read.
I am on Tmobile but had planned to switch to Verizon or Project Fi if I get an invite.

posted via my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

mbarney35

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I picked up an unlocked model from Best Buy to use on Verizon. We did have to call into Verizon to manually change the sim card as Best Buys system was giving an error. The Verizon rep changed it on her end and there have been zero issues since.

Posted via the Android Central App