unlocked S3 on CDMA/Verizon network

Teaj

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience using the unlocked S3 19300 on the Verizon network? So far I've only used GSM/ T-mobile and AT&T, but my coverage is horrible here in Cambridge.

Posted via Android Central App

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience using the unlocked S3 19300 on the Verizon network? So far I've only used GSM/ T-mobile and AT&T, but my coverage is horrible here in Cambridge.

Posted via Android Central App

The unlocked version will not work on a GSM network. It's unlocked, but still not compatible. If I read your question correctly.

astan#AC

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The S3 GT-i9300 is a GSM phone and does not have CDMA antennas. You cannot use it on Verizon. You need the S3 SCH-i535 model to use on Verizon. What is nice about the SCH-i535 is that it has both GSM and CDMA antennas in it so you can use it on Verizon and other GSM carriers.

Bankokbob54

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
The S3 GT-i9300 is a GSM phone and does not have CDMA antennas. You cannot use it on Verizon. You need the S3 SCH-i535 model to use on Verizon. What is nice about the SCH-i535 is that it has both GSM and CDMA antennas in it so you can use it on Verizon and other GSM carriers.

And to add to that.....I just got off the phone with a Verizon Global Tech and she said that because it's a 4G phone it is automatically unlocked and will work overseas. Meaning that all you have to do is pop in a new micro sim card and she's good to go.