Unresponsive phone after charging

Syntaxx

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Chronology:
-Put phone on charger
-Sleep 8 hours
-Wake up, press power button to get into my phone (the phone was *on* when I went to sleep);

The phone was completely unresponsive to any input through the power button. It would neither wake up, nor turn on. I had to take the battery out before the phone would even boot up.

Is this a warning sign, or is this normal? It seems pretty abnormal.

Destination Moon

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure it was charging / plugged in? Maybe it ran out of juice during the night? Thats the only thing that occurs to me that might be considered "normal"....

dave51#AC

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I had exactly the same thing happen. Also had to pull the battery to reboot and had full battery indication. The only thing I could come up with is that I was using the charger and cable that came with my Droid1. I changed to the Samsung charger and cable. Hasn't happened since but have no idea why it happened in the first place. What are you using to charge it?

Syntaxx

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I guess it's possible that I accidentally grabbed the USB cable that goes to my camera. I'm not sure how to tell the difference. I'll check it out.

ctucker83@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
My g/f's phone does the same thing the past two nights. Dunno what is up with that. Definitely the right cord.

Phone is completely unresponsive after taking it off from charging.

Syntaxx

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine didn't do it this morning, so I'm still lost. The phone is otherwise normal. I'm hoping others will notice this thread and speak up if they've had this happen.

Syntaxx

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
My phone was normal again this morning. Maybe it'll never do it again, who knows? The only reason I care is because my 30 day window is going to close in about a week. If my phone is a lemon for some reason, I'd like to know before it becomes a bigger pain in the *** to talk to VZ about something so hard to replicate:p

dave51#AC

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, am wondering if she should take it back since it's apparently just me and you it's happening to.

...and me about a week ago. I haven't had it happen again. But I did switch to the Samsung charger and cable. Don't know what the cause or cure may have been. I've still got about two weeks on my 30 day return and wondering about taking it back also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796