Unresponsive task switcher bar

King Mustard

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Since I was upgraded to "Coolwalk", the task switcher bar is unresponsive to touch input most of the time, and I can only swap between apps using the voice assistant when it occurs.

This happens in wired or wireless modes. Car and all phone software is updated.

Everything was fine before the Coolwalk update.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Peugeot 2008 (2022), Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, Android 13

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is it only the task bar, or does all touch areas become unresponsive? Have you tried deleting the car connection and setting it up again? On my unit (this has been a common behavior in two different models, same make, 4 different phones, so I blame this one on the Hyundai/Kia infotainment) when I make a call, touch becomes unresponsive unless I back out of Android Auto into the car's infotainment (going to the built-in map is enough), then come back to AA and all is working again. Maybe that could help in your case?

King Mustard

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Is it only the task bar, or does all touch areas become unresponsive? Have you tried deleting the car connection and setting it up again? On my unit (this has been a common behavior in two different models, same make, 4 different phones, so I blame this one on the Hyundai/Kia infotainment) when I make a call, touch becomes unresponsive unless I back out of Android Auto into the car's infotainment (going to the built-in map is enough), then come back to AA and all is working again. Maybe that could help in your case?
It's only the taskbar along the bottom that locks up.

Sometimes, though not often, I can go to the car's radio or something and re-open AA and it works again for a short amount of time.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried it in a different car? At this point I think it's a (very annoying) bug in AA but with certain infotainment systems... and with the latter not really being updated often (or at all), it doesn't look like there would be an easy/quick fix :(

King Mustard

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried it in a different car? At this point I think it's a (very annoying) bug in AA but with certain infotainment systems... and with the latter not really being updated often (or at all), it doesn't look like there would be an easy/quick fix :(
I haven't tried a different car but pre-Coolwalk worked perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax