Unrestricted Tether T-Mobile NO ROOT

popbop

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, just confirmed that.

The Sony software disallows saving the ",dun" in the APN type string. And, rooting this device is not a good option as you'll lose DRM keys which affect functions from the camera to the sound quality.

But there's also the problem in KitKat 4.4.4 with a flag that is set on a device that indicates what data is requested by device and which is not. And, surprise! T-mobile is the one carrier that is checking for that. So, this ,dun suffix may not work for KitKat users. But I'm not willing to root my Z3 to find out.

T-Mobile is really locking down devices to squeeze extra $ from customers.

:(

briansavage

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 and when it comes to editing the APN it does not give me the option to do so. Can you post a youtube on how to change the APN on my device. Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

I was running it on my note 3. Just manually enter all the info in a newly created apn.

Caffeine_Fiend

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I know its really late post but I saw you guys were talking about nexus 5
So my question is...
I have a N5 from Play store. (GsmUnlocked)
On T-Mobile.
I can turn on hotspot just fine and use it but I'm curious, will I incur a charge on my bill for using this? Doea T-Mobile know I'm using it? Thanks!

Ecko_510

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
unrestricted Tether T-Mobile NO ROOT galaxy avant

I have a galaxy avant and I've tried dam.near every app or method to wifi tether and it just doesn't work apn settings changed...rooted thru Odin....wifi tether app 3'.3 custom or something and nothing it went from turning on and connecting to.my devices but there was no data being passed and now after the apn change and such every time I go switch the hotspot on it force closes instantly... before all of this I called metro and tried having the hotspot plan added but they said they couldn't because it was a tmobile avant not a metro avant so now I have no choice but to try and make my hotspot work any help at all would be great thanks!

Jon Acosto

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
i have a sony xperia Z and it doesn't alllow me to edit apn, so i just created a new apn setting copying from the default and adding the dun, hope that hepls you.

skenyon02

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
How did you edit to add the dun? My OS upgraded to Lollipop, and everything is grayed out. It says I'm editing, but doesn't actually give me the option to.

AeroBlast365

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
from pelebkf over at XDA: "Edit the main APN "T-Mobile US LTE" and add ",dun" to the end of the "APN type" (so the it should say "default,mms,supl,hipri,fota,dun") then save it."
Just tried this on my stock, unrooted, XT1053, and it worked like a charm.

Still working currently on the T-Mobile $80 a month unlimited everything plan! Thanks so much :) gone over my 5GB Hotspot Data with no problems, this hack is awesome.

dreday3223

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Still working currently on the T-Mobile $80 a month unlimited everything plan! Thanks so much :) gone over my 5GB Hotspot Data with no problems, this hack is awesome.

Couple of questions as i do a lot of remote play gaming with ps4 and this would work perfectly for me. I just don't want to find out that it doesn't work after i have used up everything for the month.

Did you edit the main APN or create a new one with the same settings? When you look at your usage does it show up as using your allotment? When you go over the limit do you receive notification that you are over or does it simply allow you to continue using it

Danny Motto

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Awesome!! Also works with MetroPCS whose GSM phones run on T-Mobile network. $60 unlimited LTE w/ tax and fees included and now tethering is there a better deal out there.

I can't change any settings why is this I went to the APN for metro won't allow me to change a thing please help
Using galaxy core prime

joshgoldman

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Awesome. Worked perfectly for me. The only difference is that my APM is called T-Mobile GPRS. I just added ",dun" to the end of the APN type list and I could instantly tether. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank