Unroot/Factory Restore Verizon Note 3 WITHOUT Tripping Knox?

Sharpnd152

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
**UPDATE**
So I un-rooted with SuperSU and Knox is still 0x0. How can I just re-flash my phone back to factory (where/what file do I download) with what software? I can't recall if I deleted any stock apps. I just want it 100% back to factory out-of-the-box.

Thanks in advance!

*old info for reference*

Hi there,

I'm sure I've missed it but I just want to be 100% sure so I apologize if this has (probably) been asked 100 times.

I rooted my Galaxy Note 3 Verizon with Towelroot as soon as it was released. It worked great and knox is still 0x0. I need to do a warranty replacement on my device due to a faulty charging port and need to remove my root access.

Info:
Model: SM-N900V
Hardware Version: N900V.07
Android Version 4.4.2
Knox status: 0x0
No ROMs have been added. Just added root access to stop some apps from running.

What is the proper way to remove root access without tripping Knox?

Probably better safe to just do a full on reset. I found a guide but I'm prevented from posting links... But it involves running Odin and reflashing the default firmware. would this be the correct way to reset/unroot and not trip Knox?

I would like to unroot and just do a full 100% reset as if it was just being pulled out of the box without of course tripping knox. In searching, someone said to just use Samsung Kies software: "under the firmware upgrade menu. It will fully wipe the phone and return it to stock." Is this a correct method?

Thanks!

-edit-

Also just found this on kingoapp:

"How does this KNOX Counter work?
Under what circumstances will KNOX Counter be flagged or tripped?

The KNOX Counter WILL NOT be flagged or tripped when using Samsung Kies or Odin to flash a stock ROM."

Seems like I'm answering my own question. So is Samsung Kies the best route? Does the above statement apply even if you're already rooted?

Last edited:

Sharpnd152

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
So I un-rooted with SuperSU and Knox is still 0x0. How can I just re-flash my phone back to factory (where/what file do I download) with what software? I can't recall if I deleted any stock apps. I just want it 100% back to factory out-of-the-box.

Thanks in advance!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
SamMobile Firmwares (you'll have to create a free account to download), put n900v into the search box and choose the version you want. Then update the phone with Odin, using that file. (Click on the orange box at the right of the line and you'll get instructions.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali