Question Unsettling Contact Mysteriously Appeared

Trevor2446

Aug 30, 2023
Visit site
I was going through my contact list and deleting some people I don't talk to anymore and at the very bottom I saw a contact - You've Been Hacked....? It had no phone number and no email. Wondering how this possibly showed up and if it's true?? I don't click links, I connect to very few WiFi networks and I find the whole thing strange and worrying. Downloaded Bit Defender and it came back with nothing. How could this have happened?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you ever let anyone else handle your phone or any other devices where you log into your Google account (like a computer)? Or do you ever log into your Google account on a public device (like a computer a work or at the public library), and perhaps forget to log off? It sounds like a prank from some "friend" or stranger.

In the meantime, to be safe, change your Google account password, and make sure you have 2-factor authentication turned on.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you ever let anyone else handle your phone or any other devices where you log into your Google account (like a computer)? Or do you ever log into your Google account on a public device (like a computer a work or at the public library), and perhaps forget to log off? It sounds like a prank from some "friend" or stranger.

In the meantime, to be safe, change your Google account password, and make sure you have 2-factor authentication turned on.
I agree with this. It's far more likely to be a prank than someone hacking you... People who hack you do not tell you that they have hacked you lol

Trevor2446

Aug 30, 2023
Visit site

Yeah, I've spoken to a friend of mine who's pretty into cyber security and he thinks it's just a case of someone joking with me as well. But no, I don't log into my Google accounts on any public device and I have since enabled MFA. Although Google does a great job of alerting users to new logins

Reactions: B. Diddy