Unusual Space Between Time and Battery Icons on Status Bar

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi everyone.

I'd like to know if there is a solution to this "problem" (if you can even call it that): I have an Android phone with 7.1.1 Nougat. Everything is working fine, but a few months ago when I decided to go to the Date & time settings and change the 24-hour format, it somehow made the space between the battery and time icons on the status bar bigger. Here is a screenshot I took to see if you can tell what I'm talking about: i.imgur.com/wRgtguK .png

Since then I've tried changing the Date & time settings multiple times, rebooting, factory resetting and clearing the Clock app data, but the unusual space between those two icons is still there. I know this is probably not worth complaining about, but it's something that keeps bugging me and it's noticeable whenever I look at another Android phone to compare. So I was wondering if there's something else I can do?

Thank you for the help you might give, cheers.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I'll post your screenshot here to make things easier. :)

What phone do you have? Can you enable the System UI Tuner? If so, use it to remove the time from the status bar, add it back and see if the gap is still there.
wRgtguK_d.jpg

Aquaris

Apr 23, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I'll post your screenshot here to make things easier. :)

What phone do you have? Can you enable the System UI Tuner? If so, use it to remove the time from the status bar, add it back and see if the gap is still there.
View attachment 283213

Also, see if removing the battery percentage makes any difference.

First of all, thank you for replying! I appreciate it.

This is the phone I have: https://www.gsmarena.com/bq_aquaris_x-8642.php. I don't seem to be able to enable the System UI Tunner and I have tried removing the battery percentage multiple times, but with no luck.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
First of all, thank you for replying! I appreciate it.

This is the phone I have: https://www.gsmarena.com/bq_aquaris_x-8642.php. I don't seem to be able to enable the System UI Tunner and I have tried removing the battery percentage multiple times, but with no luck.
Thanks for registering! Yeah, I searched a little bit and it seems that BQ didn't enable the System UI Tuner on their phones. Found some reports in Spanish where people say that it can be enabled using the Nova launcher Activities, but I have no idea if it really works or if it could mess with your phone.

I've never used that brand so I'm not sure what else to suggest. I'll search a little bit more and I'll let you know if I find anything else.