Update behavior with no update?

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have seen several articles indicating that Watch 5 is getting Wear OS 4 Watch rolled out this week. On Thursday, I thought I might have received the upgrade, as my regular watchface disappeared adn the Pre-installed faces mostly showed up with the little red dot indicating they have updates to download. I had to search out a list of previously purchased and installed faces, re-download and reinstall my normal watchface. Also, since Thursday afternoon I have begun getting notification chime and vibration on the watch for every email I receive on my phone, even during Do Not Disturb hours.

Figured I need to do some settings managemnet with the new OS upgrade, but does not look like I have the upgrade. My ONE UI version is 4.5 Watch, Software version is R925USQU1AWDA, Wear OS version is 3.5, and April 1, 2023 Security Patch.

I have an LTE version watch, running on AT&T, with NumberSync turned on. Anyone else seeing similar behavior?

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Weird. I had the same experience with my watchface changing, but that was the extent of it. Also had a red dot that did nothing. Just flipped back to my current watchface and didn't give it another thought.

I have the Pro LTE version but never activated it.

Reactions: Seeker336

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Maybe your face updated in the background and that's why it was being weird?

That said, my watch has been acting a little odd the last few days. It changed itself to 12 hour a couple of days ago (I prefer 24) and I keep getting a notification telling me it's synching images when I have image synch turned off. I'm guessing they are pushing backend stuff which is making things weird, but who knows.

I have the Bluetooth 5 Pro for what it's worth.

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to threadjack but has anyone seen an update since April? Used to get a lot of tweak updates on my Watch 4 monthly but nothing on my Watch 5 Pro since 4/19....TIA.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, got watch face updates on my GW5 BT a day or so after the alleged update rolling out. My Gw5Pro is in the beta and there has NOT been a final release to date.

Reactions: Laura Knotek