Upgrading from the OV to the Triumph? Look here

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I dont know why you people are holding out for the Optimus Black, when I have been reading reviews about it and its a piece of crap. I have been using the MT for over two weeks and yesterday I had some time off so I tried using the OV again and already noticed the differnce in speed and screen quality.

The Black reviews are bad because of what they are comparing it to.
Compare the Black to an OV and it's a nice phone, especially if it's cheap. People said The OV was terrible as well, but ONLY when they compared it to other more expensive phones available on other carriers. I have no doubt the latest HTC shreds it, however we don't have that option do we?

As for the MT, I went looking on other forums, and at this point, even news sites are picking up on the number of issues it;s having, and that, is never a good sign.

As I have said, there is more to making a phone than screen and processor. In my opinion, the Triumph isn't worth the $300. I will keep my OV until something better comes along, which will likely be the Black. I'm not saying the Black is fantastic, but it's a nicer phone than the OV and I'm not interested in the Triumph, so it kind of leaves only a few options doesn't it.

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Because I can? Who are you? the OV police? Get out more, the world does not revolve around the OV or the MT.

I ask that because this is the optimus v forums. /boggle

Your initial post in this thread just strikes me as the one person happy with the phone. And feels compelled to come and defend it. That is good and actually nice, but your choice of words and the general tone given is cancelling your intent.

Stating you only paid $160 for the phone is misleading. You paid the full price minus a coupon. However you happened to have a gift card for $100 so you didnt have to spend the cash on it. You still paid $260 for it just used another means of cash. Its like saying hey (insert family members name here) give me 100 bucks and then using that hundred bucks to help pay for the phone. You only spent $160 bucks out of your pocket but paid $260 for the phone.

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the triumph mainly because of the BB sale going on, so far so good.I'm not having any problems people are reporting about.

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Your GPS is locking onto a good number of satellites quickly and is able to hold the link consistently?

yes gps is fine. i just jinxed myself, have an issue with wifi where it wont connect, and it'll reboot. :(

might be juicedefender or one of my widgets causing the problem

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I ask that because this is the optimus v forums. /boggle

Your initial post in this thread just strikes me as the one person happy with the phone. And feels compelled to come and defend it. That is good and actually nice, but your choice of words and the general tone given is cancelling your intent.

Stating you only paid $160 for the phone is misleading. You paid the full price minus a coupon. However you happened to have a gift card for $100 so you didnt have to spend the cash on it. You still paid $260 for it just used another means of cash. Its like saying hey (insert family members name here) give me 100 bucks and then using that hundred bucks to help pay for the phone. You only spent $160 bucks out of your pocket but paid $260 for the phone.

Dont assume things. When you do it you just look like an ass that dosn't know what he is talking about. I got the Triumph with 30% off + BBM gave me a $50 gift card because BB was running a concurrent special. The title of the thread is "UPGRADING FROM THE OV TO THE TRIUMPH" I dont know about you, but I fall right into that category. I own both phones and I'm here to let people know that the Triumph have been great for me. You on the other hand, I dont even know if you even own the Triumph, yet you are on here speaking out of your ass about the phone. How about you let people buy the phone and judge for themselves?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Dont assume things. When you do it you just look like an ass that dosn't know what he is talking about. I got the Triumph with 30% off + BBM gave me a $50 gift card because BB was running a concurrent special. The title of the thread is "UPGRADING FROM THE OV TO THE TRIUMPH" I dont know about you, but I fall right into that category. I own both phones and I'm here to let people know that the Triumph have been great for me. You on the other hand, I dont even know if you even own the Triumph, yet you are on here speaking out of your ass about the phone. How about you let people buy the phone and judge for themselves?

The difference is I will admit I was wrong. IF given enough facts to warrant admitting I was wrong.

Yes I know what the title is, Im aware people are allowed to give their opinion. Like I said your initial post gives the tone of having to defend the Triumph. In doing so you started slamming the Optimus V and the unreleased Black.

I dont own the Trimuph and I have NOT given a review. I merely stated the impressions Ive gotten from others and my personal experience with Motorola products. I will NOT own a Triumph because I want a phone that is not some knock off rebrand.

Im curious how am I stopping people from buying the phone? Initially I thought you were going to give honest opinions and not turn into a spec sheet fanboi. Your initial post and subsequent posts since have proved your just a fanboi and not deserving of anymore interaction.

Before you say it..nope not a LG fanboi. But the manufacturer I am a fanboi of doesnt have a VM phone. So Im using the next best thing.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have never seen BB offer more then 1 promotion on a product,so until you can prove through a receipt,i am very skeptical to your claims,

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have never seen BB offer more then 1 promotion on a product,so until you can prove through a receipt,i am very skeptical to your claims,

Ignore him he's just a butthurt Triumph user trying to defend the knock off phone.
Even if he was able to swing two promotions at once its still sad hes bragging he paid, on sale, what he paid for the Optimus. Like we are suppose to be impressed.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Keep in mind that BBM (Best Buy Mobile) is some what different than BB (Best Buy).

Keep in mind that is not my receipt it is from someone else who also got in on the deal. I live in Oregon so there is also no sales tax in my state.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that BBM (Best Buy Mobile) is some what different than BB (Best Buy).

Keep in mind that is not my receipt it is from someone else who also got in on the deal. I live in Oregon so there is also no sales tax in my state.

I have been using the MT for over two weeks and yesterday I had some time off so I tried using the OV again and already noticed the differnce in speed and screen quality.

Oh by the way I got the MT for $160 at BestBuyMobile after discount and gift card. Same price as I paid for the OV when it first came out.

With a little internet investigation, I call bull**** on you buying it for 160 bucks. First as lou stated best buy will not honor two promo's like that at time of purchase. Yes you got a 50 gift card at the time of purchase but you cant use it to pay for the Triumph at that time. Second you say you have onwed the Triumph for two weeks? Correct?

You did not purchase it this way then. The special started on the 24th. Two weeks from today would have been a week before the promo started. Yes Best Buy will honor price matching but not offers like giving out the gift card. Called my local and confirmed this. The only way you could have done it is via return and re-buy. However it requires a managers approval and your receipt will show that.

Until you post a picture of YOUR receipt I will consider you a liar and believe nothing more.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
With a little internet investigation, I call bull**** on you buying it for 160 bucks. First as lou stated best buy will not honor two promo's like that at time of purchase. Yes you got a 50 gift card at the time of purchase but you cant use it to pay for the Triumph at that time. Second you say you have onwed the Triumph for two weeks? Correct?

You did not purchase it this way then. The special started on the 24th. Two weeks from today would have been a week before the promo started. Yes Best Buy will honor price matching but not offers like giving out the gift card. Called my local and confirmed this. The only way you could have done it is via return and re-buy. However it requires a managers approval and your receipt will show that.

Until you post a picture of YOUR receipt I will consider you a liar and believe nothing more.

LOL Believe what you want, but get a life you really need one. You are such a investigating reporter. Hey genius, the return and rebuy can be at different stores, and time, LMAO. Oh gezz given all your free time is that the best you can think of?

"With a little internet investigation" LOL
"Called my local and confirmed this" LOL

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
LOL Believe what you want, but get a life you really need one. You are such a investigating reporter. Hey genius, the return and rebuy can be at different stores, and time, LMAO. Oh gezz given all your free time is that the best you can think of?

"With a little internet investigation" LOL
"Called my local and confirmed this" LOL
Even if you went to a different store you have to have a receipt genius.
Its funny how you are caught in a lie and now are trying to wiggle out.
Prove me wrong post you receipt.

Until then keep lying to the forum.
It makes people really believe you when you cant back up your claims...

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Even if you went to a different store you have to have a receipt genius.
Its funny how you are caught in a lie and now are trying to wiggle out.
Prove me wrong post you receipt.

Until then keep lying to the forum.
It makes people really believe you when you cant back up your claims...

Maybe you should get on your phone and start calling every Best Buy to find out if I'm lying. LMAO

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My point has been made.
You cant prove you paid what you claim because you never bought one.
Please save what ever dignity you have and admit you lied.
All posts from you to me from now on will have in caps LMAO, ROFL, LOL, HAHA, ROFLMFAO, or one of the variants because you were caught in a lie and are trying to shift the attention to me. /shrug

Why lie about something? Nobody here is really impressed and actually if you were honest none of these posts and outing you as a liar would have transpired.

Irate Iguana

Boss Status
Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
4471.jpg

It's a phone.

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, cant say i really care to much if you got it that cheap, it dont effect us, and no one likes a show off anyway. Even if you did i hope your enjoying all the problems people have been reporting about the MT, was it worth it? Lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332