Upgrading to a 23+ - anything I should know?

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Currently have an s20FE which has been a terrific Phone, but figured I'd trade it in when it still has some value and ordered a 23+ 512g for a great price after trade and discounts. Would have gone for the 23U except hate the curved screen, and it is just too big. Gets here next week.

Any quirks I should know about, or tips for easiest migration? Moving from LG to the the S20FE was miserable and I'm hoping Samsung>Samsung will be easier, but forwarned is forearmed so I figured is ask.... :)

Tia!

Reactions: Jharperr16

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Currently have an s20FE which has been a terrific Phone, but figured I'd trade it in when it still has some value and ordered a 23+ 512g for a great price after trade and discounts. Would have gone for the 23U except hate the curved screen, and it is just too big. Gets here next week.

Any quirks I should know about, or tips for easiest migration? Moving from LG to the the S20FE was miserable and I'm hoping Samsung>Samsung will be easier, but forwarned is forearmed so I figured is ask.... :)

Tia!
I went from the s22 to the s23 with no problems using Samsung's smart switch. I would assume it would be the same for you. It was super fast and very simple. I recommend using the cable version as opposed to wireless if you have a lot of photos and music and things like most of us do. Only issue I did notice was the wireless transfer seemed very unstable for some reason. Cable transferred with no issues.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I went from the s22 to the s23 with no problems using Samsung's smart switch. I would assume it would be the same for you. It was super fast and very simple. I recommend using the cable version as opposed to wireless if you have a lot of photos and music and things like most of us do. Only issue I did notice was the wireless transfer seemed very unstable for some reason. Cable transferred with no issues.
I think i eventually had to do it via SD card - it kept not finishing/closing the wireless transfer after taking forever to run....

I don't think I have a c<c cable. Need to get hold of one.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Tia!
Use Smart switch with both phones USB-C to USB -C then after that start making backups periodically to Smart Switch on PC

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Sure, but that will be C at one end and B at the other, won't it? To connect two phones I'll need a double-ended C or or an adapter :)