US GS6 Release Date April 11th

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Nice! They are doing the same in Italy as well. Hopefully that means we get the same in the US.

It would be really nice! But I'm with the Red Devil and they usually strip stuff out but maybe this will pan out.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Would love it the writes charging pad were included but I am being realistic and expecting just the rapid wall charger, earbuds, cleaning cloth, nano SIM key.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Would love it the writes charging pad were included but I am being realistic and expecting just the rapid wall charger, earbuds, cleaning cloth, nano SIM key.

Wireless chargers are pretty cheap anyway, you can find a regular pad for $10. If you want something stand shaped that's a little more, but not too bad.

They make Qi cupholders, but all of the ones I've seen are over $50, for that I'll just use a cable.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Wireless chargers are pretty cheap anyway, you can find a regular pad for $10. If you want something stand shaped that's a little more, but not too bad.

They make Qi cupholders, but all of the ones I've seen are over $50, for that I'll just use a cable.

I want the OEM pad. For something that expensive, accept no substitute.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Hopefully this will be the case. I don't see Verizon doing this though.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

Don't see ATT doing it either. May have the oem pad by then. Pulling the phone out, sticking the wall charger in and setting up my phone. Never used the oem buds anyway. Got qc20's to use.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't see ATT doing it either. May have the oem pad by then. Pulling the phone out, sticking the wall charger in and setting up my phone. Never used the oem buds anyway. Got qc20's to use.

Badda bing. Sounds like a plan.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

I am also at the Red Devil's mercy. I am hoping that we will have the choice of storage options and colors. I would not be surprised if VZW takes all the goodies out of the box and we find some K-Y Jelly in there instead

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I want the OEM pad. For something that expensive, accept no substitute.

I personally don't see the OEM charging pad to be less then $50 (the normal pad that looks like crap costs $80 for the S5), and think that it will be at least $100 w/o the cord. A quality traveling charging stand costs $50.
let's see what the real price is for the OEM and see if it is truly a quick charger or not first before we jump. At least that's what I'm doing.

I'm even thinking of cutting open a hole in my kitchen table and making the charging pad a permanent part of the table if the OEM pad is worth it.

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't see the OEM charging pad to be less then $50 (the normal pad that looks like crap costs $80 for the S5), and think that it will be at least $100 w/o the cord. A quality traveling charging stand costs $50.
let's see what the real price is for the OEM and see if it is truly a quick charger or not first before we jump. At least that's what I'm doing.

I'm even thinking of cutting open a hole in my kitchen table and making the charging pad a permanent part of the table if the OEM pad is worth it.

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)

The OEM pad on this site is less than $60 at the moment.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I am also at the Red Devil's mercy. I am hoping that we will have the choice of storage options and colors. I would not be surprised if VZW takes all the goodies out of the box and we find some K-Y Jelly in there instead

They need to send it every month with the prices they charge. Between cable & phone I'm at $400/mo for tech BS. If I wasn't so addicted to college football I'd can cable all together.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
They need to send it every month with the prices they charge. Between cable & phone I'm at $400/mo for tech BS. If I wasn't so addicted to college football I'd can cable all together.

It's the NFL for me, but yeah I'm paying a boatload just to watch football. I have to upgrade to a higher package to get the NFL Network (to watch Thursday games). Then I have to pay $80 to get the RedZone channel which only works for a few hours on Sunday and I have to repurchase each year. I've been tempted to not buy all that and go the streaming through shady sites route, but I didn't spend a boatload on a nice TV to stream some crappy quality picture that only works half the time. It's a never ending cycle of getting screwed. If I didn't enjoy football, I'd be saving so much money....

I won't even mention how much money I "spend" on fantasy football each year.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It's the NFL for me, but yeah I'm paying a boatload just to watch football. I have to upgrade to a higher package to get the NFL Network (to watch Thursday games). Then I have to pay $80 to get the RedZone channel which only works for a few hours on Sunday and I have to repurchase each year. I've been tempted to not buy all that and go the streaming through shady sites route, but I didn't spend a boatload on a nice TV to stream some crappy quality picture that only works half the time. It's a never ending cycle of getting screwed. If I didn't enjoy football, I'd be saving so much money....

I won't even mention how much money I "spend" on fantasy football each year.
It'd be nice if we could Chromecast Direct TV's new streaming Sunday Ticket product.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

atuarre

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Is the S6 Edge going to be released the same day as the S6 or are they going to pull the crap where the Edge will be a month or two later, like last time?

pyrogt

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Huh? It's about surpassing that ecosystem and leaving it in the rear view mirror. It's not Android that's worried.

Ah, last time I had checked Samsung was being criticized over it. But that was not long after it was announced. I've been trying to avoid anything related to S6 because the hype is too OP for me.